• The KillerFrogs

LA Travel Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Virginia Frog

I'm just now seeing the posts of all these guys that flew into Vegas, then are driving all the way across LA day-of. What a terrible idea (I live in LA) - lol.
Airfares are generally cheaper to Vegas. (And I bet that the LAX fares peaked out for these dates.)

I'm sure those (less than rich) Frog Fans that had to do the Vegas-end-run would be happy to let YOU subsidize their nonstop journey to LA (on peak dates.)

If they are in their seats at 4:30 PM today, all is good!

If you are leaving today—chk flts. NOTAM system down at FAA. Considered a nationwide ground stop but decided to let airlines CXl / Delay. FAA still not ruling out a nationwide ground stop if not fixed in the coming hrs.

Trying to get home commercial to HI and CXl after CXl. Heard DFW is a mess.

Edit: United grounding all flts.

Edit 2: All departures grounded until no earlier than 9 AM.

froginmn

If you are leaving today—chk flts. NOTAM system down at FAA. Considered a nationwide ground stop but decided to let airlines CXl / Delay. FAA still not ruling out a nationwide ground stop if not fixed in the coming hrs.

Trying to get home commercial to HI and CXl after CXl. Heard DFW is a mess.

Edit: United grounding all flts.

Edit 2: All departures grounded until no earlier than 9 AM.

Ugh. Thanks for the info. Supposed to fly home from Bozeman this pm; hope they get it squared away.

KTown Frog

Dang, what a mess. I left yesterday and had a delay leaving LAX, had a connection in Vegas that was leaving at 11:40, got off the plane from LA at 11:24. Luckily the gate to board was 10 feet away. What a helpless feeling sitting in the plane on the runway seeing the clock tick knowing you might not make the connection long flight. Made the flight and as was well.

Boomhauer

Yikes, what a mess. Glad we flew out yesterday and didn’t stay an extra day like we considered. Also glad we flew out of San Diego. No issues at all.

PurpleBlood87

Had a friend fly out Tuesday. Thanks to delays she missed her connecting flight in Vegad and ended up there for 12 hours waiting for the next flight.

allclearforfrogs

We flew out of Burbank Tuesday morning. We were one of the last flights out before there were significant delays due to the rain and visibility. Several flights going into BUR in the opposite direction were turned around and routed back to their origins.

FrogCop19

I have a bunch of friends that went to the game, and they all had issues getting home. One of them is STILL sitting at the airport as of the last text around 8:00 or so...

hometown frog

We flew out of SNA late yesterday. Beyond watching a Delta flight to Atlanta have an engine blow up on take off and catch fire on the runway, we really didn’t have any issues. They did shut down the airport for 30 min and so all flights were in jeopardy for a bit of time. So stress levels peaked up for a window of time.

frogetaboutit

Stuck in Vegas until further notice. Not thrilled but if I’m being honest - also not nearly the disaster I witnessed on Monday.

Status
Not open for further replies.