• The KillerFrogs

KU Biggest game on the schedule

Deep Purple

The camera shots panning the stadium were not flattering. There was an entire section by the OU bench that was empty

Go check 10:30 left in 2nd on YouTube, etc. zero chance that’s above 40,000
You must be referring to sections 120 and 121 (circled below). For this game, those sections were cordoned off for students and SRO ticket holders were not allowed to sit there. Section 120 is about 80% full and section 121 (half the size of section 120) is about 50% full. So that's two partially filled sections among 95 sections of total seating. There are no sections that meet your "entirely empty" description.

Stadium.JPG

The endzones are filled (not always the case), and even the West side level 400 sections (bracketed above) are filled (rarely the case). In short, the visible seating is almost full -- about 45,000. Unseen fans at concessions, restrooms, in the clubs, concourses, and interior box seating would easily add another 3,000-4,000.

So yes, based on this video-capture at 10:30 left in 2nd, I can easily believe there were 49,000 in attendance (though not all in their seats at once), and your guesstimate of "zero chance that’s above 40,000" is too absurd. Please, for your own sake, take my advice about seeing an optometrist. Deteriorating eyesight is mostly reversible, but once it's lost, it's almost always permanent.

What did surprise about the crowd was the relative sparsity of OU crimson. I was expecting as much as 30-40% to be OU fans. They didn't even come close. Perhaps 15%, maybe 20% at best. Apparently after the home debacle against K-State, many Sooners decided to just catch this one on TV rather than invest in a road game. Good choice, since they suffered an even bigger debacle at TCU.

Last edited:

Deep Purple

You’re trying to seriously debate a parody account and think you look smart doing it.
Idea of "looking smart" never entered my mind. But now that you mention it, how long have you believed you have this keen ability to read other people's thoughts and discern their innermost motives?