• The KillerFrogs

Kramer out as TCU Volleyball Coach

Pharm Frog

So, should we start a volleyball search coach thread and argue with each other for another few weeks?

I'd like to think that we have a really solid plan for bringing in someone to innovate and energize that program but I figure we'll make an easy button hire. Not saying it would be a wrong hire if we did that but I'd hope we'd stretch ourselves a bit and show some diligence. I'd also want the expectation set that in three years we'd be competing for the conference championship. OU leaving means nothing. They suck horribly. UT leaving is good. But BYU can play...a consistent Top 20 team with a streak of tournament appearances back to 2012 or so. At least one finals appearance since then and most often in the Round of 16. Not as dominant as UT but still plenty good enough so that they come in as a conference favorite along with Baylor. UCF, Houston, and Cincinnati finished 1-2-3 in the AAC this year with UCF getting the NCAA tourney bid. FWIW - SMU finished fourth in that conference and beat the Frogs in Scholl earlier this season. I just cannot understand why a woman's headcount sport doesn't excel at a school like TCU.

Salfrog

Tier 1
Have we already let another coach know that they are the next hire, but that we will conduct a "coaching search" until the contract can be finalized and signed? Will we also be flying them by helicopter? Just want to be on the lookout for any helicopters landing on the Rickle Building roof.

HornFrogger

Not paying for the article and haven’t followed the team, to be honest. Did she “step down” like LHCGMFP or did she actually step down.

Moose Stuff

What was the turning point for this program???? Just a few years back we were a tourney team and recruiting well. Almost overnight all the best players left and we sucked.

Froginbedford

Get the pitchforks and torches out for Jamie....Next Frog down....Saarloos prolly should only rent a house from here on out....Coach cancelling culture is in high gear and the sharks have tasted blood....

What was the turning point for this program???? Just a few years back we were a tourney team and recruiting well. Almost overnight all the best players left and we sucked.

Seems like it all went to hell once Dilfer's daughter transferred. That year was really good and looked to have pieces in place for the next 2-3 years. She wasn't the best player by any means but she was a great point guard and they never seemed to find that piece once she left. After that it all went to crap.

crankuptheenolagay

Ryan Mcgyre at Baylor was hired the same year as Jill. Baylor engaged the owner/director of Texas Advantage Volleyball Club to help in their coaching search. He’s available and in a unique position to judge up and coming college coaching talent.

Pharm Frog

Ryan Mcgyre at Baylor was hired the same year as Jill. Baylor engaged the owner/director of Texas Advantage Volleyball Club to help in their coaching search. He’s available and in a unique position to judge up and coming college coaching talent.
Correct. If you aren’t tied in with the circuit you are handicapped from the start in acquiring interest and talent.