• The KillerFrogs

Kingsbury to USC, Utah State's Matt Wells to Tech?

Wexahu

With the resources he’d get to help on D, not to mention the bump in starsies across the board, he could be deadly out there if he can maintain discipline.

Possibly true, but you could say that about 50 other coaches. I still scratch my head about KK.....he had a very mediocre record at Tech relative to the other coaches that have been there, and if there was anyplace you'd think he'd do well, it'd have been there. And frankly, his teams looked flat out poorly coached quite a bit of the time. Just wonder if he was 45 years old and looked and acted like Kirk Ferentz, would anybody really want to hire him? I feel the same way to a degree about Holgerson, although substitute the looks for personality. A lot of coaches' demand seem to be based on things other than just can they coach, and I'm not sure that's the way it should be.

Frog-in-law1995

Possibly true, but you could say that about 50 other coaches. I still scratch my head about KK.....he had a very mediocre record at Tech relative to the other coaches that have been there, and if there was anyplace you'd think he'd do well, it'd have been there. And frankly, his teams looked flat out poorly coached quite a bit of the time. Just wonder if he was 45 years old and looked and acted like Kirk Ferentz, would anybody really want to hire him? I feel the same way to a degree about Holgerson, although substitute the looks for personality. A lot of coaches' demand seem to be based on things other than just can they coach, and I'm not sure that's the way it should be.

He had mediocre record at Tech because he had no defense. Dude can coach O.

FrogLifeYo

How many years of HC experience did he have when he got the TT job?.....Zero...There are 3 phases to the game and for a head coach there’s like 5 if you include recruiting and Fund raising. I think KK is going to be a very successful coach one day but any mid-Level P5 program that hires a 20 something HC with nada experience is just plain stupid. Are you aware he got a P5 HC job with a resume of a whole wopping 4 years of college coaching. Not HC experience but TOTAL coaching experience .TT was stupid to hire him...Had he gone off and spent 3-4 years as a HC at a G5 school before TT brought him “home” I guarantee it would have had much more successful in Lubbock..