• The KillerFrogs

Kingsbury to USC, Utah State's Matt Wells to Tech?

LVH

This is what I am hearing.

Kingsbury to USC is odd. Helton is the head coach and an offensive guy, I just don't see him giving Kingsbury the full reins to the offense.

Matt Wells to Texas Tech isn't very big of a splash either. What are his Texas ties? He is a defensive guy but he inherited a strong program from the previous coach and kept it going for a couple years, but then had 3 straight losing seasons before this year's 10-2 campaign. No conference championships, no big non-conference wins. Not really intimidated of hiring a guy after just one good year. Seems like a "strike while the iron is hot" hire. Just doesn't seem like a good fit regionally also.

MTfrog5

He already lived here and worked as the interim head coach?
Did Patterson have any Texas ties in 1998 when he was brought as a DC? I’d think it’s a bigger deal for your assistants to have those ties than a head coach. Rhule did a good job of hiring people that were respected within the state

Frog-in-law1995

Did Patterson have any Texas ties in 1998 when he was brought as a DC? I’d think it’s a bigger deal for your assistants to have those ties than a head coach. Rhule did a good job of hiring people that were respected within the state

Yes, he worked for a guy that took a job in Texas.

dawg

If a coach as the goods, it'll show quickly. LRBWHCGMFP had zero Texas ties until he arrived with Fran and was promoted to HC, but he proved he had "it" very quickly thereafter.

TCUdirtbag

Tbf, you’re reading www dot footballscoop dot com unless you’re using one of those things that speaks it aloud to you.

Also KK’s agent saying KK hasn't made a decision on USC yet.

Judging by the twitter machine, Wells better sign a deal before he and Hocutt get Tennessee’ed by the fans.

TheFDN

Kingsbury to USC is odd. Helton is the head coach and an offensive guy, I just don't see him giving Kingsbury the full reins to the offense.

Matt Wells to Texas Tech isn't very big of a splash either. What are his Texas ties? He is a defensive guy but he inherited a strong program from the previous coach and kept it going for a couple years, but then had 3 straight losing seasons before this year's 10-2 campaign. No conference championships, no big non-conference wins. Not really intimidated of hiring a guy after just one good year. Seems like a "strike while the iron is hot" hire. Just doesn't seem like a good fit regionally also.

Pretty sure Wells background is with the offensive side of the ball.

Froglaw

Who wouldn't want the Tech job?

Hey, lets go work at a school who's word means nothing.

Dead Raiders still owe Mike Leach for 2009.

Considerable adjustment in venues.....from the remote, austere locals Collie Station and Lubbock

to the hoopla of Los Angeles. Careful, Kingsbury

Casey T

I heard utah state lost to 2 out of the 3 teams they played with winning records this year... haven't verified but not good if true

Latest posts