• The KillerFrogs

Killer Frogs: Latest Projections Have TCU Hosting Regional

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog

Latest Projections Have TCU Hosting Regional​

D1Baseball has updated its postseason projections. Where do they have TCU and other Big 12 schools?
The regular season of college baseball is behind us. This week, all conference tournaments take place, giving some teams one more chance to jockey for their best postseason positioning. Next Monday, May 30, the NCAA will announce the field of 64 for the tournament, including Regional hosts and prospective Super Regionals hosts.

D1Baseball.com, one of the leading sources of college baseball information, scores, and more, has updated its projections for the postseason tournament. D1Baseball has six of the nine teams in the Big 12 making the postseason.

With TCU now the outright champions of the Big 12’s regular season, the Horned Frogs are projected to host a Regional once again.

Read more at https://www.si.com/college/tcu/baseball/college-world-series-2022-projection-05232022

PurplFrawg

Administrator
I believe what I saw was OSU as the 13th or 15th seed.
  • Oklahoma State– Projected No. 14 national seed, which would have them hosting a Regional in Stillwater. Their potential Super Regional would be in Blacksburg against No. 2 Virginia Tech
  • Oklahoma – Projected No. 2 seed in the Charlottesville Regional.
  • TCU– Projected No. 14 national seed, which would have them hosting a Regional in Fort Worth along with DBU, Texas State, and McNeese State.
In another part of the article, it showed OSU as #15.

froginmn

• Oklahoma State– Projected No. 14 national seed, which would have them hosting a Regional in Stillwater. Their potential Super Regional would be in Blacksburg against No. 2 Virginia Tech
  • TCU– Projected No. 14 national seed, which would have them hosting a Regional in Fort Worth along with DBU, Texas State, and McNeese State.
Yeah they had the pairing correct (against #2) but said 14 instead of the accurate 15.

Also, unless they've given up on the distinction, only the top eight are termed "national seeds".

Pharm Frog

I didn’t read the article…just saw the graphics.

Icaughtthevisor

TCU moving up in the rankings like this reminds me of when Michigan pushed us out of a BCS bowl bid in 2011. Nice to see TCU have blue blood status for once

Moose Stuff

TCU moving up in the rankings like this reminds me of when Michigan pushed us out of a BCS bowl bid in 2011. Nice to see TCU have blue blood status for once
Come On Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Pharm Frog

C8FAD184-BA67-49B7-B45A-405B57C0E486.jpeg
New projections. Okie Lite out of hosting. Texas in. But Michigan begins Big 10 tournament play today against Illinois so keep an eye on the one as the blue blood factor starts to move the needle.