• The KillerFrogs

Killer Frogs: Gary Patterson Press Conference: Week 8 "At the End of the Day"

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog

Gary Patterson Press Conference: Week 8 "At the End of the Day"​

Head Coach Gary Patterson is still optimistic on how the season can turn out by just tweaking the little things.

NICHOLAS HOWARD

Coach Gary Patterson held his weekly press conference on Tuesday. He was very optimistic about what can happen still halfway through the season. Which is very true because the Horned Frogs had a tough schedule in the first half of the season. Losing close games back-to-back against the SMU Mustangs and the Texas Longhorns. Then having to travel to Norman and face OU with an electrifying offense was too much for the Frogs' young and damaged defense.

"The hurry-up offense from our opponents is killing us," said Patterson. "It's not allowing us to set up our defense in the right spots on the field."

Read more at https://www.si.com/college/tcu/football/patterson-press-conference-week-8

StealthFrog

I have noticed a lot defensive players scrambling in some hurry-up situations, which is surprising to me for a team that works on that daily and sees it a lot in conference.
the secret is out on how to beat a Gary Patterson defense...........yet we continue to do the same things. There is always an excuse "they were stealing signs", "it takes a couple of years to learn the defense", "too many injuries".

PO Frog

Gary Patterson Press Conference: Week 8 "At the End of the Day"​

Head Coach Gary Patterson is still optimistic on how the season can turn out by just tweaking the little things.

NICHOLAS HOWARD

Coach Gary Patterson held his weekly press conference on Tuesday. He was very optimistic about what can happen still halfway through the season. Which is very true because the Horned Frogs had a tough schedule in the first half of the season. Losing close games back-to-back against the SMU Mustangs and the Texas Longhorns. Then having to travel to Norman and face OU with an electrifying offense was too much for the Frogs' young and damaged defense.

"The hurry-up offense from our opponents is killing us," said Patterson. "It's not allowing us to set up our defense in the right spots on the field."

Read more at https://www.si.com/college/tcu/football/patterson-press-conference-week-8
Saban complained about the hurry up offense a few years ago. Then adapted to the changing nature of the game and realized he needed to be able to regularly put up 40-50 points to win certain ballgames. And he’s now won two additional national championships.

JugbandFrog

LHCGP just can’t let go of that “defensive genius” moniker. He has to prove he can outscheme it all, and in a way, with the perfect reaction, and the perfect player, yes, I see it, but how often does that happen. As a result, we aren’t as aggressive. We tackle poorly. We don’t gang tackle. It is hot dang ol’ mess, and has been for a few years, even without injuries.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Offenses figured out this weakness years ago. GMFP makes calls based on the formation of the offense and their player packages. Their adjustment to this was to take away the time he uses to convey this information. Quite simple, and very effective.

Warden Art especially liked to do this to him.

Football is a game of adjustments. Figure out an adjustment.

Last edited:

Wexahu

Offenses figured out this weakness years ago. GMFP makes calls based on the formation of the offense and their player packages. Their adjustment to this was to take away the time he uses to convey this information. Quite simple, and very effective.

Warden Art especially like to do this to him.

Football is a game of adjustments. Figure out an adjustment.
Used to be great at stopping the run. I think the 240 lb DE's and 210 lb LB approach has caught up to us, because we can't stop the run without overcommitting to it, and when we do that......

hiphopfroggy

Hunt together looks like it's lost the violent finish. A group arrives at the target, then stands around or bumps into them.

Whatever happened to knocking the snot out of them - and wrap up!
TCU get's called for targeting and ejected now if they hit too hard. Should probably just give all the players flags and get on with it.

Wexahu

Patterson will consider this season a complete success if we get 6 wins and go to a bowl. He'll write everything else off to injuries, bad luck, etc....
I do think he considered the OU game kind of a throwaway. As in we’re gonna get beat no matter what, I’m gonna try and make sure everyone is ready to go for WV.