• The KillerFrogs

Killer Frogs/FN: Men's Basketball: TCU Transfer Portal Update - Who's In/Who's Out

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog

Men's Basketball: TCU Transfer Portal Update - Who's In/Who's Out​

Story by Nicholas Girimonte

AA1bjkR8.img

TCU has made a splash in the transfer portal so far, gaining new additions to cover holes they needed in the roster. Here are the key players who left, came back, and are still here.

Key Losses​

• Mike Miles - The leading scorer of the Frogs declared for the NBA draft following his junior season, where he averaged 17.9 points per game on 49.7% shooting from the field. TCU will greatly miss him as an offensive catalyst for the team and his ability to deliver every given night. He is currently projected as a second-round pick.
Read more at https://www.si.com/college/tcu/bask...l-tcu-transfer-portal-update-whos-in-whos-out

WhatTheFrog

Looks like a solid lineup, especially if Miller and Baugh return. If Cork's confidence continues to improve and his processing catches up to game speed (i.e. expecting last-second/no look passes), they should be ok in the middle. Wouldn't hurt to add one more big.

JogginFrog

Such an interesting world the portal has created. It's completely redefined what it means to be a "program."

Agility now trumps stability. That puts a premium on viability and opportunity.

TCU has been able to sell opportunity since joining the Big 12, but had a hard time making the viability case. The facility upgrade made getting Dixon possible, and the NIT championship showed proof of concept. Now, with back-to-back years with wins in the dance despite high roster turnover, TCU can make a solid viability case.

TCU has become a place where impact players can see the floor quickly, play top competition, be noticed, and win. Who in the portal wouldn't give that a hard look? Exciting times.

Limp Lizard

Posey looks awfully quick and agile for a 6-4 high school player.

I like the way Mostafa obviously likes to pass the ball. Looks like a Dixon player that way.

East Coast

Tier 1
Assuming Baugh and Miller come back, we have one scholly left. I'd love to get a big man for that spot. That starting lineup is the author's best guess with the same assumption. I'm not sure Peavy starts over a big or one of the other transfer guards.

Rose Bowl

The portal makes coaches jobs more complex. Coaches have to be good roster builders as well as camaraderie. Staffs have to be good at putting their schemes in and how each player fits into their roles.

I still want Mushila.