• The KillerFrogs

Kicking Game?

Lakewood Frog

Not much to nit pick on this team thus far, but kicking game comes to mind....Too many returns because we couldn't kick into end zone. Lucky they didn't return one or two of the to the house. Another missed PAT as well.....Good sign that this is all we complain about though!!

82 Frog Fever

Not much to nit pick on this team thus far, but kicking game comes to mind....Too many returns because we couldn't kick into end zone. Lucky they didn't return one or two of the to the house. Another missed PAT as well.....Good sign that this is all we complain about though!!
Yes, as long as it doesn’t get worse.
Sonny already said he believed Kell was over worked in fall practice and needs leg rest. I’m not sure how easy that is to do in the middle of a season. …and Laminack is a freshman, so don’t know the confidence level there.

MadFrog

The first 3 games we were kicking the ball into the end zone on by far most of the kickoffs. Against OU we never reached end zone. Was it nerves or was it an injury. The wind doesn't usually blow in both directions so I doubt that was the issue. Plus OU had no trouble reaching the end zone. A lousy kicking game can cause trouble we don't need.

The first 3 games we were kicking the ball into the end zone on by far most of the kickoffs. Against OU we never reached end zone. Was it nerves or was it an injury. The wind doesn't usually blow in both directions so I doubt that was the issue. Plus OU had no trouble reaching the end zone. A lousy kicking game can cause trouble we don't need.
I think he just got tired due to all the kickoffs we had.

westoverhillbilly

Looking at the flags on Saturday, it seemed there was some wind out of the south where we scored 41 of our 55 pts in the 1st and 3rd quarters facing the south. That kickoff that went out of bounds to the north was concerning though.

Fred Garvin

I service the entire Quad Cities Area
Kell isn't right. If he was healthy, most of the TOs would at least make it to the end zone. Get ready for some more cross-field high kicks and hope they call for a fair catch.

Prince of Purpoole II

Reigning Smartarse
FWIW Kell’s dad posted on fb that Griffin is “fully healed, c0cKeD (lol at our hyperactive filters) and ready.” Could that mean that v OU he was not fully healed? Idk