• The KillerFrogs

KHOU: Aaron Brown charged with hitting his daughter

steelfrog

Tier 1
Thinking about Mom and Dad Froglaw.

Mom would use her shoe on me because spanking me hurt her hand and I'd laugh at her. Dad never spanked us, but there was always an implied threat.

Pain would reign me in eventually. I always knew I was wrong when I pushed my parents that far, but I grew up the only boy with two sisters. The temptation to irritate the living heck out of them was just too much for a boy.

Knowing well, as I do, the interactions between brothers and sisters, there's a 100% chance that this is revisionist history. They probably had you in tears on multiple occasions. And if you substitute "amuse" for "irritate", that's prolly a true statement.

Froglaw

Heck, I remember a shop teacher(also a coach) putting a kid in a dog house someone had made, putting a scrap piece of plywood over the door and nailing him in until class was over as punishment one time. People are freakin' soft these days. So freakin' soft.

Willie E.

Threw a tennis shoe during the start of Dodge Ball.

Coaches were walking in and saw it.

Then calmly took roll call.

"Willie, go sit in the half circle". Gym had a divider from the girls side.

"Everyone else, take off a shoe. Throw your shoe at Willie on the whistle".

People would go to prison for that today.

Willie covered up as best he could. No bruising. He was laughing after it was over and it was the last time anyone threw a shoe during workouts.

Seems to me there should be limits, but sometimes a point needs to be emphasised.

Willie shot the finger during our Senior Class picture. We had to retake the picture later in the semester without Willie.