• The KillerFrogs

KF.c U.S. Open Golf Pick-em Game

JogginFrog

Found a new website, Superbru, that offered a free pick-em fantasy game for the U.S. Open. Created a KillerFrogs.com group.

The format has you pick a foursome for each round from a set of four 10-player "bands." Scoring is points based purely on strokes under/over par for all players--no margin for bad rounds--all scores count.

Here's the link--helpful if you use your KF.c handle as your username:

or download the Superbru app and search for the pool with code:
lurejazz

Good luck all!

Putt4Purple

Bump for @Putt4Purple and others interested in picking a foursome for the U.S. Open. Last day to get picks in!
Thanks for the reminder. I'm on the road taking the family on vacation to Disneyworld. Sunday I will not be at the parks, only resting, cleaning and watching U.S.Open golf!
I have not read the rules on this contest. I'm flying blind. I'm in though! Go Frogs!

This is the course setup the USGA has been looking to find for years. No particular kind of player has a distinct advantage. It kinda leans towards the better iron players, but only marginally. Bombing it and then wedging it on the green out of the rough won’t work here. It’s fun to see them have to hit less than driver off the tee and actually have a 5 or 6 iron into a par four.

So much better than the 7,500+ yard Torrey Pines nonsense.

This is the course setup the USGA has been looking to find for years. No particular kind of player has a distinct advantage. It kinda leans towards the better iron players, but only marginally. Bombing it and then wedging it on the green out of the rough won’t work here. It’s fun to see them have to hit less than driver off the tee and actually have a 5 or 6 iron into a par four.

So much better than the 7,500+ yard Torrey Pines nonsense.

Agreed. This has been a great watch. This afternoon should be epic.

JogginFrog

So who won? My guys all missed the cut so I’m assuming that means I won. Went 4-4. Nailed it.
Looks like the game assigned you players randomly for the weekend rounds--in your case, Niemann, Koepka and DeChambeau, who combined to shoot +31 on the weekend. I was wondering how it handled missed-cut players--if they were assigned zero points each for rounds 3 & 4, that'd be a pretty strong score.

I ended up 1st, followed by @Realtorfrog and @Putt4Purple.

Thanks to all those who played. I'll keep my eye open for alternate games; this one was very slow updating scores--like a guy in New Zealand had to wake up and manually update the scoreboard after each round. But it was free!