• The KillerFrogs

KETV: Five years later, 'staring kid' reflects on College World Series moment that went viral

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
KETV: Five years later, 'staring kid' reflects on College World Series moment that went viral
images

Matt Foster
Sports Reporter

OMAHA, Neb. — Coastal Carolina's Cinderella run at the 2016 College World Series was a memorable moment in the tournament's long history.

But the star of that tournament wasn't a player or coach, but rather a fan in the front row, whose stare down with an ESPN camera turned into a viral sensation.

Five years later, that famously familiar face looks a bit different.

"I'll open my phone and I'll see my face and, well, there I am," said Sammy DiDonato, or as he became known, the "staring kid."

Read more at https://www.ketv.com/article/five-y...-world-series-moment-that-went-viral/36756468

tcudoc

images

Matt Foster
Sports Reporter

OMAHA, Neb. — Coastal Carolina's Cinderella run at the 2016 College World Series was a memorable moment in the tournament's long history.

But the star of that tournament wasn't a player or coach, but rather a fan in the front row, whose stare down with an ESPN camera turned into a viral sensation.

Five years later, that famously familiar face looks a bit different.

"I'll open my phone and I'll see my face and, well, there I am," said Sammy DiDonato, or as he became known, the "staring kid."

Read more at https://www.ketv.com/article/five-y...-world-series-moment-that-went-viral/36756468

His comments in that interview read like a Joe Biden press conference.

Biden derangement syndrome.

Funny...the day Joe leaves office nobody will talk about him. He'll be completely forgotten. Watched the evening news the other day for the first time in years. Among the largest inflation we've seen in a long time, gas prices spiking, building materials going crazy, wages stagnating and a housing shortage on the verge of bursting a catastrophic bubble...among all that the first 3 stories were about Trump. Who's deranged? Tell me again please.

hiphopfroggy

Funny...the day Joe leaves office nobody will talk about him. He'll be completely forgotten. Watched the evening news the other day for the first time in years. Among the largest inflation we've seen in a long time, gas prices spiking, building materials going crazy, wages stagnating and a housing shortage on the verge of bursting a catastrophic bubble...among all that the first 3 stories were about Trump. Who's deranged? Tell me again please.

TCUdoc is. And a bunch of other posters on this site that post in the pit mostly.

Hey could you give me the lotto picks for 2024? You are probably the most impressive fortune teller I've ever come across.

Dman890

Funny...the day Joe leaves office nobody will talk about him. He'll be completely forgotten. Watched the evening news the other day for the first time in years. Among the largest inflation we've seen in a long time, gas prices spiking, building materials going crazy, wages stagnating and a housing shortage on the verge of bursting a catastrophic bubble...among all that the first 3 stories were about Trump. Who's deranged? Tell me again please.[/QUOTE

I think you’re all deranged