• The KillerFrogs

Kenrich Williams makes Pelicans!

Purp

I think the NBA has 2 way contracts that allow NBA teams to send you to the D League without losing your rights.
Just googled to confirm. Apparently they call it the G League now, but I was right. The 2 way contracts restrict those players to 45 days max in the NBA. These contracts simulate the MiLB/MLB construct except for the limit on the amount of time a player can spend in the top league. The other exception is that most G League players can be picked up at any time by an NBA team for as many as two 10 day contracts and then they could sign a full contract for the remainder of the season if they perform well.

The upside to the 2 way contracts is that those players make about 3 times more than other G League players so there's a little more security there.

The downside is you lose the ability to move to any team in the league and your potential earnings are limited. A 2 way player can only max out at 45 days of NBA pay with the rest at the G League rate. A G League player who isn't on a 2 way contract could theoretically get picked up by any one of 30 teams early in the season and get rookie NBA pay for more than 180 days.

I can see why KDub would turn that down if he believes in himself.

Bob

Just googled to confirm. Apparently they call it the G League now, but I was right. The 2 way contracts restrict those players to 45 days max in the NBA. These contracts simulate the MiLB/MLB construct except for the limit on the amount of time a player can spend in the top league. The other exception is that most G League players can be picked up at any time by an NBA team for as many as two 10 day contracts and then they could sign a full contract for the remainder of the season if they perform well.

The upside to the 2 way contracts is that those players make about 3 times more than other G League players so there's a little more security there.

The downside is you lose the ability to move to any team in the league and your potential earnings are limited. A 2 way player can only max out at 45 days of NBA pay with the rest at the G League rate. A G League player who isn't on a 2 way contract could theoretically get picked up by any one of 30 teams early in the season and get rookie NBA pay for more than 180 days.

I can see why KDub would turn that down if he believes in himself.
G League? And here I always thought it was a spot.

purpleshades

So well deserved. Very nice to see a guy that just flat out works hard and does things the right way be rewarded. I hope to see Kenrich be a productive roll player in the nba for the next 10 years. All he does is make winning basketball decisions. Don’t see that changing at the next level.

TCU is proud of you, KW! Keep it up!

Last edited: