• The KillerFrogs

Kennedy Snell transferring

Moose Stuff

There are only a few kids on this roster that have his motor, plus good hands too.
Turp/Barber/Snell/ and Davis are all pretty interchangeable skill sets for a slot. Snell's skill set really is not that replaceable.

You just listed FOUR guys as having “interchangeable skill sets” and then called one of their skill sets “not that replaceable”.

Last edited:

froginaustin

With as little playing time as Kennedy was getting, we should have snelled this transfer coming.

:rolleyes:

I hope that Kennedy gets his shot at football and at completing his undergraduate education. Best wishes.

CountryFrog

I hate that when a guy leaves the team there is constantly a back and forth by everyone here on how good he was and it makes it seem like you're saying something negative about a young man who seemed to be a good kid and worked hard.

We can all agree that Snell has tremendous athletic ability. It's also pretty clear that the coaches think Barber and Davis are better since they are the ones getting the playing time. You can disagree with the coaches if you'd like but, right or wrong, that's clearly the direction they've chosen.

Eight

grammar question for those who follow some conventions of society.

should those who follow the rules of grammar when posting use chicago style when referencing specific posts in a reply?

Shorty

There's something more here. He has too much talent and he bulked up to 185 lbs. so he could play some at RB. As mentioned, why not RS D. Davis and play Snell. We probably will never know, but talent is talent, and he has it.

The underlying tone in the football program this year makes me wonder what's going on with the transfers, players leaving the team, decommits for '19, Anderson's parents coming in to meet with GP and Sonny, etc. Running a substantial program in the Big 12 requires a full time coach - offense, defense and special teams. Only the defense is a bright star, but alas, I don't see any modifications on the horizon for the other 2.
Bolded happens every year to every program.

Eight

You are right, yes it does, but this year hasn't finished yet, and we are way ahead of our usual game.

view it this way. transfers and players leaving the squad open the door for new players.

to quote chauncey gardner "as long as the roots are not severed, all is well".

4th. down

view it this way. transfers and players leaving the squad open the door for new players.

This too is true, it does open a rethink on position recruiting for this cycle. Did I say offensive and defensive linemen, no, but we now have a chance to move in that direction.

Wexahu

And honestly, from purely a football perspective, it's better that players who aren't quite good enough to get playing time move on rather than tie up a scholarship for years. It's a numbers game to a degree, and maybe with the extra scholarship we'll find a diamond-in-the-rough who turns out to be a stud.

But a kid leaving the school still kinda sucks because obviously it didn't work out like he thought it would.