• The KillerFrogs

Kennedy Snell transferring

CountryFrog

Not surprising given the lack of playing time he's gotten this year. As fast as he is, its tough to get a 170 lbs RB on the field a lot. If he wants playing time then transferring is probably the best thing for him.

Wexahu

Seems like a good dude but from purely a football perspective, I don't think this hurts us at all. It opens up a scholarship for a bigger player, that's the way I look at it.

4 Oaks Frog

I think it is a real shame that it didn’t work out. All indications suggest he is a good young man, with a ton of talent. I just hope he doesn’t end up on a team where he can burn us later.
GO FROGS!
BEAT (the wind blows out of the south in Texas, because oklahoma sucks)!
Spit Blood~~<~<and [Baylor asshoe]!!

flyfishingfrog

That is too bad - seemed like a great kid with lots of talent - makes me wonder if we have too many of these fast hybrid players and need to focus more on using some of those spots for guys in the Line or big WRs instead of recruiting the ATH type

This may be one big difference between the MWC and the Big12 - it takes more than speed sometimes?

Wexahu

Just don't understand why Snell couldn't fit in the 2 deep at slot and then red shirt Darius this year. I love this kid … it's a shame. It doesn't make sense, with Turp leaving.

It stinks when kids leave but he will be a replaceable player. If he was that dangerous a weapon he’d have been playing a lot more. There’s 85 scholarships and only about 40 kids play meaningful minutes, situations like this are gonna happen.

4th. down

It stinks when kids leave but he will be a replaceable player. If he was that dangerous a weapon he’d have been playing a lot more. There’s 85 scholarships and only about 40 kids play meaningful minutes, situations like this are gonna happen.

There's something more here. He has too much talent and he bulked up to 185 lbs. so he could play some at RB. As mentioned, why not RS D. Davis and play Snell. We probably will never know, but talent is talent, and he has it.

The underlying tone in the football program this year makes me wonder what's going on with the transfers, players leaving the team, decommits for '19, Anderson's parents coming in to meet with GP and Sonny, etc. Running a substantial program in the Big 12 requires a full time coach - offense, defense and special teams. Only the defense is a bright star, but alas, I don't see any modifications on the horizon for the other 2.

asleep003

There are only a few kids on this roster that have his motor, plus good hands too.
Turp/Barber/Snell/ and Davis are all pretty interchangeable skill sets for a slot. Snell's skill set really is not that replaceable.

Last edited:

Wexahu

There are only a few kids on this roster that have his motor, plus good hands too.
Turp/Barber/Snell/ and Davis are all pretty interchangeable skill sets for a slot. Snell's skill set really is not that replaceable.

How do you know this? He hardly ever plays. I’m not going to base his entire skill set on a couple plays from the FCS and SMU games.

Personally I thought Davis looked just as good if not better in the limited amount of time he’s played.