• The KillerFrogs

KDVR: ESPN to air Deion Sanders’ first spring game as new CU head coach

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog

ESPN to air Deion Sanders’ first spring game as new CU head coach​

by: Samantha Jarpe

DENVER (KDVR) — Deion Sanders’ first spring game as head coach for the University of Colorado Boulder will air on ESPN’s main channel.

The game is scheduled for April 22 at 1 p.m. and will be the only spring game to air on the main ESPN network this year, according to a release by the university.

With 35,000 tickets already sold, it will be the highest-attended spring game in CU history. At max capacity, Folsom Field can hold 50,000 fans

General admission tickets are still available for $10, but the game could be a sellout if demand continues at its current rate.

Read more at https://kdvr.com/sports/colorado-bu...nders-first-spring-game-as-new-cu-head-coach/

LVH

I've noticed there is a massive sense of overconfidence by many pundits and fans that Deion Sanders is the second coming of Vince Lombardi and will immediately turn around Colorado and defeat us in the opener.

I don't even think the best college coach out there, whoever it may be, could go into that dumpster fire and immediately turn them around to where they can go on the road and beat a team still expected to be toward the upper half of the Big 12 in Game 1.

WhatTheFrog

I've noticed there is a massive sense of overconfidence by many pundits and fans that Deion Sanders is the second coming of Vince Lombardi and will immediately turn around Colorado and defeat us in the opener.

I don't even think the best college coach out there, whoever it may be, could go into that dumpster fire and immediately turn them around to where they can go on the road and beat a team still expected to be toward the upper half of the Big 12 in Game 1.
Stranger things have happened. There was a Big 12 team that finished 8th in the league one year and went to the national championship game the next. Can't take much for granted these days with the portal and coaching changes.

Double V

Sadly, I think you're wrong...but hope you're right.

Eight

Sadly, I think you're wrong...but hope you're right.

that staff is made up of a collection of recruiters, guys at the end of their careers, and a number of who?

doesn't mean they can't coach, more that no one knows and there is a very big jump going from the swac to p5

deion out talented people last year and that isn't happening this year and while they have brought in a number of transfer that was an empty roster he took over, that staff has to figure out how those players fit, and you are trying to get those players to fit together in a very short time while a circus is going on around them

Limey Frog

We'll see. But you can do a lot by just having better players than the other guy, and he will get them.

Limey Frog

so, somehow colorado has more talent than the returning talent of a double digit winning team?
I didn't say that the "other guy" was Sonny Dykes. I think we'll have more talent and I expect we'll win the game. The question was whether Sanders is generally going to be a good coach at Colorado. I think he'll have more raw talent on his side than there is on the other in most of their games. That might get him pretty far on its own (though the same advantage has managed not to do much for USC and Texas in recent years...)

LVH

Stranger things have happened. There was a Big 12 team that finished 8th in the league one year and went to the national championship game the next. Can't take much for granted these days with the portal and coaching changes.
That Big 12 team also wasnt a 1 win team considered to be the worst P5 team in all of college football.

It would be like expecting Fran to come in after 1997 and go on the road and beat... 1998 Colorado in Game 1.

Eight

I didn't say that the "other guy" was Sonny Dykes. I think we'll have more talent and I expect we'll win the game. The question was whether Sanders is generally going to be a good coach at Colorado. I think he'll have more raw talent on his side than there is on the other in most of their games. That might get him pretty far on its own (though the same advantage has managed not to do much for USC and Texas in recent years...)

"most" games?

cu plays:
tcu
nebraska
csu
uo
usc
az state
ucla
org state
az
wazzu
utah

top of my head, they clearly aren't better than half to 2/3's of that schedule in terms of talent

Limey Frog

"most" games?

cu plays:
tcu
nebraska
csu
uo
usc
az state
ucla
org state
az
wazzu
utah

top of my head, they clearly aren't better than half to 2/3's of that schedule in terms of talent
We'll see, I guess. I was thinking longer term, but looking back at LVH's post that I first responded to he was specifically meaning 2023. So, yes, I agree that Sanders will be doing very well to get CU above .500 in 2023. FWMOIW, I expect that he will do it in year two and I won't be shocked if he does it right away.