• The KillerFrogs

KDVR: ESPN to air Deion Sanders’ first spring game as new CU head coach

Chongo94

It doesn’t matter if he’s a good coach. All he has to do is really convince players to go there and make sure HE HIRES OTHER GOOD COACHES. That’s the key for him.

Sangria Wine

Better not take Prime lightly. He’s going to win games at Colorado. He has an infectious positivity and has been on the winning side a whole lot more often than the losing side in his athletic career. Those of you who eye roll at his flashy ways and self promotion are in jeopardy of feeling shocked. That program has some history, it’s a really cool place, it’s in a flashy conference, and they are EXCITED! The value of excitement when paired with chemistry can go a hell of a long way…we just watched it take a team to the National Championship game.

Eight

Better not take Prime lightly. He’s going to win games at Colorado. He has an infectious positivity and has been on the winning side a whole lot more often than the losing side in his athletic career. Those of you who eye roll at his flashy ways and self promotion are in jeopardy of feeling shocked. That program has some history, it’s a really cool place, it’s in a flashy conference, and they are EXCITED! The value of excitement when paired with chemistry can go a hell of a long way…we just watched it take a team to the National Championship game.

a "flashy" conference?

his teams may win games, we will find out, but i don't see him staying long

he ran prime prep in the ground, he was the oc at trinity long enough to coach his sons and left jsu after three years

tcu didn't turn the program merely on enthusiasm, if that is all it takes tech would have won the conference last year

deion hasn't faced a challenge yet in coaching so we will see how he responds when the buffs get roughed up because it will happen this year

one other factor posters on this site seem to ignore is the desire by sonny and his program to make a statement and wash a bit of the stench off from the title game

no better way to regain the shine a bit than to make a statement early on national tv and yet some talk as if cu is the only team going into that game wanting to make a statement

Dogfrog

a "flashy" conference?

his teams may win games, we will find out, but i don't see him staying long

he ran prime prep in the ground, he was the oc at trinity long enough to coach his sons and left jsu after three years

tcu didn't turn the program merely on enthusiasm, if that is all it takes tech would have won the conference last year

deion hasn't faced a challenge yet in coaching so we will see how he responds when the buffs get roughed up because it will happen this year

one other factor posters on this site seem to ignore is the desire by sonny and his program to make a statement and wash a bit of the stench off from the title game

no better way to regain the shine a bit than to make a statement early on national tv and yet some talk as if cu is the only team going into that game wanting to make a statement
I don’t dislike Deion. He was one of the best football players ever, and is a very effective self promoter. All fine. But my take on Deion is his interest in coaching is tied to his love of family. I see him as a helicopter dad (ok with that) who has coached his son since pee wee league, through Prime Academy, and JSU. Now wants his son to play at the highest level to have a better chance at the next level. I frankly have doubts about his desire to coach once his son has moved on. Catch the circus while it is in town. JMO.

Last edited:

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
When Deion played baseball, he would get in the batter's box and do all sorts of exaggerated gyrations with his bat, dance around, etc.

Kurt Schilling didn't like it and drilled him with a fast ball in the side. Deion at first acted like he was going to charge the mound, then decided to take his sore ribs down to first base.

After the game reporters asked Schilling if he was worried about Deion coming after him.

"What was he going to do? Arm tackle me?" responded Schilling.

haha

FrogCop19

Let us go fist some Brinks trucks as blood bros.
Awkward Krieger GIF by Archer

82 Frog Fever

This should be a good story to follow.
The very best Sanders could hope for is 6-6. 7-5 would be unbelievable. He has 45 new scholarship players, and will likely go for more in May. Those players are not gonna gel into a high level P5 team by Sept, or even Nov.

But I get the feeling Colorado fans believe 8, 9, or 10 wins is coming this year.
Cant wait to see how Deion handles the heightened visibility and a disappointed fan base when after 5 games, they’ve only won 1 or 2 games. If it’s 1 win thru 5 games, get the popcorn.

ECM

I think Prime will either be a smashing success at CU (and leave for Miami or FSU in 2-3 years) or he'll be a complete disaster, with no in between.

At JSU he had such a comical talent advantage that it was almost impossible not to win big.

PineyWoodsFrog

I've noticed there is a massive sense of overconfidence by many pundits and fans that Deion Sanders is the second coming of Vince Lombardi and will immediately turn around Colorado and defeat us in the opener.

I don't even think the best college coach out there, whoever it may be, could go into that dumpster fire and immediately turn them around to where they can go on the road and beat a team still expected to be toward the upper half of the Big 12 in Game 1.
He doesn't have to be Vince Lombardi. As bad as Colorado has been, all he was to is win 7-8 games, which I think he can get done within a couple of years. On top of winning games, CU hired him to raise the profile and increase the visibility of the school. I dislike Deion's "me, me, me" method of operation, but he's great at that part. I can't argue with the results.