• The KillerFrogs

KBTX: Aggie Baseball at No. 11 TCU Tuesday

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
http://www.kbtx.com/sports/headlines/90709734.html

[SIZE=14pt]Aggie Baseball at No. 11 TCU Tuesday[/SIZE]

COLLEGE STATION -- The Texas A&M baseball team begins its toughest stretch of the season on Tuesday when the Aggies head to Fort Worth to battle No. 11 TCU. First pitch at Lupton Stadium is set for 6:30 p.m. and the game will be televised nationally by the Mountain West Sports Network (DirecTV Channel 616).

A&M is 20-10-1 on the year, and is coming off a tough series loss at Baylor. The Aggies sit in third place in the league standings at 6-5-1 through the first four weekends of play. Following Tuesday's game, A&M will face third-ranked Texas three times, Rice in single game and then a three-game set with No. 11 Oklahoma.

The Horned Frogs, meanwhile, are 23-7 and are second in the Mountain West with a 5-3 mark. TCU is coming off a road sweep of Houston this past weekend at Cougar Field.

Junior right-hander Nick Fleece (1-0, 4.50) will get the start for Texas A&M and will face Horned Frog senior righty Paul Gerrish (1-2, 3.16). The Aggies lead the all-time series, 159-85-4, and have won nine in a row.

Fans can tune in to the game locally on WTAW-AM 1620 or follow worldwide with free live audio and stats on aggieathletics.com.

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
QUOTE(TopFrog @ Apr 13 2010, 10:05 AM) [snapback]544127[/snapback]
I regret not being able to attend an Aggie game so I can give a HA-TAAAH call on strikeouts.

I think we'll be able to manage that on your behalf.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
QUOTE(satis1103 @ Apr 13 2010, 11:48 AM) [snapback]544200[/snapback]
I think we'll be able to manage that on your behalf.

Please ... I want to hear it on the broadcast. :biggrin:

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Always like to retell my HA-TAAAAH! story.

Playing Ags was fun at the old diamond. Like when the Aggie coach would come out of the dugout to go to the mound, TCU fans would go hut-hut-hut as he marched out.

One time, many years ago, Dad and I were at a game when we were playing them and the umpire this day had a loud HA-TAAAAH strike call. Made his call over and over. HA-TAAAAAH!!!

So during the game an Aggie batter gets beaned in the head, drops to the ground like he had been shot dead in his tracks ... not a peep was made by the decent crowd on hand. I think everyone stopped breathing, birds quit chirping, deadly silent.

About 5 seconds after the beaning someone behind home plate -- and I can only guess it was Whitewolf -- yelled out HA-TAAAAH!!!

More than a few of us could keep from laughing as that Aggie laid there.