• The KillerFrogs

Kaden Archie Transferring?

4th. down

He defends like he belongs...Not being a scorer just meens it’s more difficult for us to wrap our head around what he brings. Even as a true freshman he’s shown he’s probably one of our top 3 defenders. That’s a lot of value

His HS film and Texas State playoff films all showed he was deadly on 20' jump shots, running the floor, reverse dunks, and even 3 pointers along with a good free throw shooter. He has not progressed in some of these areas for whatever reason.

sentcu

He’s averaging about 2 points and 1.5 rebounds per game and doesn’t have an assist all year. I love the athleticism and how hard he plays but I have no clue if he’s any good.
All accurate. Worrisome is overstating the seriousness, strange timing was more my point. He may never be an all Big 12 guy but given what I’ve seen this year, I’ll take his athleticism and potential on my team any day. Certainly not readily expendable, IMO. I love how far our program has come but I don’t think we’re in a position quite yet where the top recruit in our previous years signing class bounces the day before conference play starts and it’s easily shrugged off. Won’t lose sleep over it, still not ideal.

FrogLifeYo

His HS film and Texas State playoff films all showed he was deadly on 20' jump shots, running the floor, reverse dunks, and even 3 pointers along with a good free throw shooter. He has not progressed in some of these areas for whatever reason.
He’s a true Freshman, 13 games into his college career, on a team full of scorers. I’m ok being patient with his jumper. He is having an impact on the defensive end and if we are going to compete for a title the defensive end and depth are where we are going to have to be better than last year. It’ll be a loss if he goes. Can we overcome it, of course

Pharm Frog

If he indeed does plan to transfer, he would be eligible next January at another school if he does transfer now. He cannot play tomorrow if that is his intention.

Thank you. Did not know this about basketball. Been a long time since I had to deal with athletic eligibility and even then it was at D2.

Dogfrog

Hate to see him go but not sure he earned more playing time at this point. Still have Miller, Noi, and Mayen but Miller gone after this season. Fuller and Diante Smith coming in next year.

flyfishingfrog

^^ seems weird- he’s a Frosh? Played 10 min/game
Shot 24%.....why would you leave so soon? Whatever....good luck
Agree

I would actually say he was getting more playing time lately than his numbers deserve specifically because of his ability to defend and in hopes of getting him the groove offensively

I guess the issue with recruiting better is more prima donnas also

y2kFrog

Spoke to someone in the know, he is leaving, playingtime is the issue. I liked Kaden’s game, sorry to see him go.

He was shooting 24% from the floor, and 9% from behind the arc. He’s got a lot of work to do before he can play anywhere. Hopefully he realizes this, or he’s going to have a hard time getting on the floor the rest of his career.

netty2424

Liked this kid a lot. Really hate to see him go as I think he was going to figure some things out.

But right now there are too many other scorers on the court so the offense wasn’t going to flow through him. His shots were either forced or on break after hustle plays.

Hopefully someone can talk some sense into him and re-set some expectations, helping to convince him to stay.

You can’t teach his athleticism and you can’t teach his hustle. Being 6’6” at 18-19 years old, he may still have a little growing to do. He ends up 6’7-8” and he’s able to figure a few things out, he’ll be tough for teams to handle.

Punter1

He had a strange tweet from Hawaii that made me think he didn’t feel he was getting enough love from the program.

So an all expenses paid, semi vacation, getting treated like kings, staying in nice hotels, playing on the beach while in December, week long trip to Hawaii isnt enough love in itself???

Sounds like the age old problem...he's got someone in his ear giving him bad advice.

Francis Xav

So an all expenses paid, semi vacation, getting treated like kings, staying in nice hotels, playing on the beach while in December, week long trip to Hawaii isnt enough love in itself???

Sounds like the age old problem...he's got someone in his ear giving him bad advice.
Never understood transferring now. Has to sit out anyways. Any shot someone talks him into staying ?