• The KillerFrogs

Just to be optimistic...

Moose Stuff

This team needs some things that can’t be fixed during the season.. we are not a bad team and the sky is not falling, but the deficiencies are obvious on both sides of the ball.. While we have a really good young core.. team is pretty much done for the year..we can beat KU, maybe BU...the rest, not likely..

I've posted it in multiple threads today..... I don't care how bad the results are, we should immediately start playing every young player we have on both lines. Hayes, Barlow, Williams, Jenkins, Sorrells.....

Eight

I've posted it in multiple threads today..... I don't care how bad the results are, we should immediately start playing every young player we have on both lines. Hayes, Barlow, Williams, Jenkins, Sorrells.....

agreed, it isn't the equivalent of no longer a good idea buying green bananas, but this idea that we handle roster management with a five year horizon needs to change.

will be interesting to see what happens at corner as there is a chance daniels is done for the year.

wes harris is apparently hurt as well so bring on hayes and barlow

in the defensive line we have to play some bigger players in that three man front

Moose Stuff

agreed, it isn't the equivalent of no longer a good idea buying green bananas, but this idea that we handle roster management with a five year horizon needs to change.

will be interesting to see what happens at corner as there is a chance daniels is done for the year.

wes harris is apparently hurt as well so bring on hayes and barlow

in the defensive line we have to play some bigger players in that three man front

Sounds like Daniels is absolutely done and Harris probably as well. Those are brutal losses. Especially Harris as he was easily our best OL IMO.

Eight

Sounds like Daniels is absolutely done and Harris probably as well. Those are brutal losses. Especially Harris as he was easily our best OL IMO.

both of them are unfortunate not only because the frogs don't have an equivalent physically ready to step in, but both have been plagued by injuries and just started to round back into good form

Rose Bowl

AF I’ve always thought you to be fair and honest in your assessments but I’ve got to disagree with you on this. When your OL and DL are very poor you have no chance to truly get better.

Atomic Frawg

AF I’ve always thought you to be fair and honest in your assessments but I’ve got to disagree with you on this. When your OL and DL are very poor you have no chance to truly get better.
That's literally what coaches are for. Each game is experience - for the players AND the coaches. Nevertheless, we have e gone through the meat of the conference and have probably faced the best offensive and defensive lines we'll see before hitting Okie Lite. I haven't seen anything "special" out of Waco, Tech, or WVU. Each of those games is winnable, and I'd bet we are actually favored (albeit slightly) in at least three of the four.

I have not been overly impressed with the overall performance of the team and coaching, but they do have the ability to show up. Those are the games we typically win...even when we pretty much suck. At least that's my hope.

steelfrog

Tier 1
Fools gold if anyone actually believes this team can in any way shape or form salvage this season. This team and it’s coaching staff are a hot mess. The Frogs will lose to Baylor and Tech. The only manageable game left that offers any hope for victory is Kansas. This team and it’s coaching staff have given the fan base zero reason to believe in them. The past two seasons should have been a wake up call that the wheels have shot off the program and Frogs heading toward an extended stay in Big 12 cellar. Only those with blind faith and the most purple shaded glasses can have any faith in this team or it’s coaching staff. Such a dumpster fire the floor is 1-8 and ceiling 2-7.
Moose is often correct (except about baseball) but you are almost 100% right on this, with the caveat that we are headed to an extended cellar stay if the powers that be don't move on to a younger, smarter coaching staff. This one is ossified.

notyalc

Coming into the season I thought we would only have 5 wins and thats with a full season. With 6 guys drafted and however many that made it into camps there was no reason to really believe we would be better this year. Oline worse, Max better and defense about the same. Seems like thats where we are now.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Definitely woulda chalked up the loss if we had picked up the game with Alabama that was rumored as a potential replacement at the time. Pre-season, I was stoked and really liked the idea. Can't imagine how embarrassing that performance would have been.
Indeed. That would have been an utter annihilation. Somebody would have needed to climb up on the scoreboard to hang a "1" in front of the Bama score...

Froggish

We started the season against four of the better teams in the conference in ISU, Austin, KSU, and Oklahoma. We came out 1-3. I don’t know what most of you expected, but thought 2-2 would be respectable. Given the team and it's unknowns, I thought we had a good chance to beat ISU and KSU, and a punchers chance of beating Austin and Oklahoma. Well we lost to ISU and KSU, and we beat Austin. Oklahoma is still a riddle.

Now we have Waco (after losing two in a row), and my money is always on us in that game. Then Tech comes to town, and my money is always on us. The road game to WVU is a question mark, but we can certainly beat them. Neither Tech nor Western Va has been scary. They are follwed by a road game to Kansas. We can win, and I will still go so far as to say should win, the next four games, taking us to 5-3 before Okie Lite comes to town. By then, in the bame of Sweet Baby Jesus, we should be a better team. Right now, I will hladly take a 5-4, 6-3 season. Not what I wanted (I expected 7-2, 6-3), but I'll take it with growth.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna go back to being disgusted right now.

I hoped with that schedule we’d be 2-2 but it’s not the record that bothers me as much as how poorly we are playing. No passion, fundamentally oblivious, and almost zero leadership. However, what bothers me the absolute most is that the players look like they don’t want to play for GP. He can’t motivate them. When that happens there is no turning back. A coach is toast