• The KillerFrogs

just noticed

oldscribe

Austin paper sez Sherrod Harris (Arlington?) is dropping football at UT to concentrate on graduation. Probably a good choice for the young man. He was a hot recruit a few years back.

berryfrog95

QUOTE(oldscribe @ Aug 6 2010, 07:37 PM) [snapback]608686[/snapback]
Austin paper sez Sherrod Harris (Arlington?) is dropping football at UT to concentrate on graduation. Probably a good choice for the young man. He was a hot recruit a few years back.

2 Frosh backing up Garrett.

gdu

QUOTE(oldscribe @ Aug 6 2010, 07:37 PM) [snapback]608686[/snapback]

Yup, just hasn't developed much as a passer. I thought he was better than Snead when Colt was a RSFR, but Mack likes to give his big names every oppurtunity so he never saw the field. He throws a pretty ball, but is to quick to rely on his safety valve and you can't win big games like that.

Very nice young man though.

gdu

QUOTE(berryfrog95 @ Aug 6 2010, 07:42 PM) [snapback]608691[/snapback]
2 Frosh backing up Garrett.

Yup, true freshman. Word is Connor Wood will be the #2 and they will try to save at least one redshirt, but I'm not sure bc Wood couldn't hit anybody at the practices I saw and Case was a much better leader.

PurplFrawg

Administrator
tcugdu

"they aren't my horns"

"Yup, just hasn't developed much as a passer. I thought he was better than Snead when Colt was a RSFR, but Mack likes to give his big names every oppurtunity so he never saw the field. He throws a pretty ball, but is to quick to rely on his safety valve and you can't win big games like that.
Very nice young man though."

QUOTE(tcugdu @ Aug 7 2010, 08:30 AM) [snapback]608763[/snapback]
Yup, true freshman. Word is Connor Wood will be the #2 and they will try to save at least one redshirt, but I'm not sure bc Wood couldn't hit anybody at the practices I saw and Case was a much better leader.

"they aren't my horns"

right

gdu

QUOTE(PurplFrawg @ Aug 7 2010, 08:45 AM) [snapback]608770[/snapback]
tcugdu

"they aren't my horns"

"Yup, just hasn't developed much as a passer. I thought he was better than Snead when Colt was a RSFR, but Mack likes to give his big names every oppurtunity so he never saw the field. He throws a pretty ball, but is to quick to rely on his safety valve and you can't win big games like that.
Very nice young man though."
"they aren't my horns"

right

I have some good friends on the team and I love watching football so I have watched some practice. I also have friends on Tech and A&M and they aren't my teams either. Gonna go watch some high school ball this afternoon. Until then, I am going to watch football replays all morning. Just finished the Champs Sports Bowl. Now watching LSU-PSU.

2314@work

Contributor
QUOTE(tcugdu @ Aug 7 2010, 09:10 AM) [snapback]608785[/snapback]
I have some good friends on the team and I love watching football so I have watched some practice. I also have friends on Tech and A&M and they aren't my teams either. Gonna go watch some high school ball this afternoon. Until then, I am going to watch football replays all morning. Just finished the Champs Sports Bowl. Now watching LSU-PSU.

Watched Florida State/Miami from 2000 a couple of days ago.

gdu

QUOTE(2314 @ Aug 7 2010, 09:17 AM) [snapback]608788[/snapback]
Watched Florida State/Miami from 2000 a couple of days ago.

I love that the replay all these games during the summer. And I get an extra DVR during football season so I can tape every game that airs and watch them during the week.

TCUFrogs

QUOTE(tcugdu @ Aug 7 2010, 05:12 PM) [snapback]608916[/snapback]
If you're implying Texas got rid of him to free up a scholly, you couldn't be more wrong.

Because you know all about what Texas does?

How much was your donation to the Longhorn Foundation this year?

TCUFrogs

QUOTE(MountainWestFrog @ Aug 7 2010, 05:44 PM) [snapback]608920[/snapback]
That was not spring cleaning. My guess is that Mack would pay a lot of money to have Harris hang around.

He is still around. Just not on scholarship.

gdu

QUOTE(TCUFrogs @ Aug 7 2010, 06:16 PM) [snapback]608928[/snapback]
He is still around. Just not on scholarship.

because he's not playing. His choice, not Texas's. Texas has told plenty to hit the road. SH wasn't one of them.

TCUFrogs

QUOTE(tcugdu @ Aug 7 2010, 10:41 PM) [snapback]608968[/snapback]
because he's not playing. His choice, not Texas's. Texas has told plenty to hit the road. SH wasn't one of them.

You must know what happens for sure.

Facts are he is not playing and he is staying at UT off of scholarship. That part is true. Read the paper.

gdu

QUOTE(TopFrog @ Aug 8 2010, 08:02 AM) [snapback]609007[/snapback]
Next time gdUT tells us how he doesn't care about the Whorns or follow them remember this thread.

I never said I don't follow them. My wife and my mom went there and they and my dad still like to go to the games, so I'll go. I also have a couple of close family friends still on the team.

gdu

QUOTE(TCUFrogs @ Aug 7 2010, 11:49 PM) [snapback]608974[/snapback]
You must know what happens for sure.

Facts are he is not playing and he is staying at UT off of scholarship. That part is true. Read the paper.

I don't need to read the paper to know that part. I don't know what happens "for sure," but I kow what happened here and that was SH choosing to leave the team. The team did not ask, or want, him to.

Not sure why you try to imply that isn't the case. It wouldn't even make sense for Texas to get rid of him now. They are under the scholly limit and this would be his last year.

gdu

QUOTE(TopFrog @ Aug 8 2010, 08:02 AM) [snapback]609007[/snapback]
Next time gdUT tells us how he doesn't care about the Whorns or follow them remember this thread.

And next time Top tells us how I try to make threads about me, remember this one and every other one he posts in where it is clearly him that tries to make it about me. Again, this thread had nothing to do with me until you tried to make it about me. This is about the qb situation at texas. nothing to do with me