• The KillerFrogs

Just met James Cash's sister

Brog

at the Park Forrest branch of the Dallas Public Library. She saw my Frog jacket and cried our, "Horned Frog." When I checked out I met her and found out that she was his sister. Stories abounded. The other two library folks just listened. It was a great moment.
And it really was a great moment for TCU in 1966 when James Cash became a member of the TCU basketball team, and a student at TCU. His Mom had just received her Masters Degree from TCU, and that was surely a factor in his decision to come here as the first black basketball player in the SWC. Nobody here had any idea of what a big moment this was for TCU. Hard to believe that it was 57 years ago.

EUROFROG

Well? Tell us one...
Well how about this one: See those # 54 uniforms in my avitar? Those #54 uniforms that James Cash wore at TCU belonged to me for about 30 years along with the entire set of home and away uniforms TCU used that year. Back in 1974 I tried walking on to the basketball team and actually made the JV squad. When Head Coach Johnny Swaim eliminated the entire JV team because there was only one scholarship player and 8 walk-ons, I asked if I could keep the practice jersey and shorts. Coach Swaim told me he could do even more for me and took me down to corridor deep inside DMC, opened a storage cabinet and asked if there was anything in there I wanted. I was staring at three generations of complete home and away uniforms from about 61-68. I ended up walking away with three large trash bags of all three sets of uniforms including the stirrup socks. He was glad to clean out the closet on me. My intramural teams got to wear the 68 Conference championship uniforms for two years and then my YMCA league teams in Houston wore them for the next five years as well as youth YMCA teams over the next twenty years. Around 2005 I collected all the uniforms and, with the help of many former players and Frog Fan Forum folks, I was able to get back about thirty uniforms to the TCU players who originally wore them. James Cash and Mickey McCarty were just two of the guys who were able to get their old uniforms back and have them framed.

Toad Jones

And it really was a great moment for TCU in 1966 when James Cash became a member of the TCU basketball team, and a student at TCU. His Mom had just received her Masters Degree from TCU, and that was surely a factor in his decision to come here as the first black basketball player in the SWC. Nobody here had any idea of what a big moment this was for TCU. Hard to believe that it was 57 years ago.
Just that family's name being attached to TCU is beyond great.

HFrog1999

Well how about this one: See those # 54 uniforms in my avitar? Those #54 uniforms that James Cash wore at TCU belonged to me for about 30 years along with the entire set of home and away uniforms TCU used that year. Back in 1974 I tried walking on to the basketball team and actually made the JV squad. When Head Coach Johnny Swaim eliminated the entire JV team because there was only one scholarship player and 8 walk-ons, I asked if I could keep the practice jersey and shorts. Coach Swaim told me he could do even more for me and took me down to corridor deep inside DMC, opened a storage cabinet and asked if there was anything in there I wanted. I was staring at three generations of complete home and away uniforms from about 61-68. I ended up walking away with three large trash bags of all three sets of uniforms including the stirrup socks. He was glad to clean out the closet on me. My intramural teams got to wear the 68 Conference championship uniforms for two years and then my YMCA league teams in Houston wore them for the next five years as well as youth YMCA teams over the next twenty years. Around 2005 I collected all the uniforms and, with the help of many former players and Frog Fan Forum folks, I was able to get back about thirty uniforms to the TCU players who originally wore them. James Cash and Mickey McCarty were just two of the guys who were able to get their old uniforms back and have them framed.

We’re you able to get Tommy Gowan’s uniform to him, because I know him if you weren’t able to.

Wog68

I was the student manager of the Wogs during James' freshman year. When I couldn't go home for Thanksgiving, the Cash family invited me to join them for the day. Wonderful, loving people.