• The KillerFrogs

Just learned something

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
Laptops s don’t bounce

Anyone use a surface Pro? Loooks like I’m in the market for something. New used refurb. Doesn’t mstter

Last edited:

Limp Lizard

That is the next threshold for personal electronics: laptops, tablets and phones that can survive a drop to a tile floor. In a few years we will probably be saying "remember when if you dropped your tablet it would break?"!

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
That is the next threshold for personal electronics: laptops, tablets and phones that can survive a drop to a tile floor. In a few years we will probably be saying "remember when if you dropped your tablet it would break?"!
Mine was in my lap while I lie here in bed and slid off onto s tile floor

Tried to catch it but wasn’t fast enough. Oh well

WhatTheFrog

I use a Surface Pro (using it right now, actually) and like it quite a bit, but it is definitely not a durable device. I'd be afraid to drop it just once.

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
I drop my iPhone on my tile floor about once a day and it is in perfect shape.
me too ut the problem i now face is that i have to use one finger on my right hand to type as i no longer can use my lefthand, that's hard on a phone and it takes 3 times as long with lots of frustration

at least i had a fighting chance with my laptop

oh well, learn to live with it with it wes it is what it is and won't change

Last edited:

PurplFrawg

Administrator
me too ut the problem i now face is that i have to use one finger on my right hand to type as i no longer can use my lefthand, that's hard on a phone and it takes 3 times as long with lots of frustration
Should I take you off the "Discourage" mode?

Dutch

T C U Froooogs
Laptops s don’t bounce

Anyone use a surface Pro? Loooks like I’m in the market for something. New used refurb. Doesn’t mstter
Get a Chrome book. Cheap, fast, everything software wise is internet based and is already on it. Starts up in 10 seconds. You must be on wifi for it to work. I have been using one (Asus) for 2 or 3 years and I really like it.

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
Get a Chrome book. Cheap, fast, everything software wise is internet based and is already on it. Starts up in 10 seconds. You must be on wifi for it to work. I have been using one (Asus) for 2 or 3 years and I really like it.
Looking At a pixel book too

don

Love my surface pro. Great weight to carry around. Do put a small TCU wall sign under it if not using it on a table or desk. Pen has improved though I don't use it much. That said Chromebook is a great inexpensive option.

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
Love my surface pro. Great weight to carry around. Do put a small TCU wall sign under it if not using it on a table or desk. Pen has improved though I don't use it much. That said Chromebook is a great inexpensive option.

Inexpensive is the operative word here

Mean Purple

Phones are getting close. The Samsung Active 7 was a beast. Dropped in water, dropped from tree stand, fell off off the rail post to pavement in barn ...