• The KillerFrogs

Just had a horrible thought

Limp Lizard

I thought, well, after next year someone will be gone and in 2023 we may have a good offense. No, I don't consider an offense good if it generates yards, normally after we are well behind because of punt, punt or fumble, int., int. This offense gain yards and score points, but not at critical times. No spark, like OU has now. Anyway, wait until 2023. No, wait, last year did not count as far as eligibility. And even by 2023 we won't have Johnston, Evans, Mitchell...by NFL or portal (even after this year).

I'm sure Rattler looked great in practice, too. But I think even we would have had a chance against a Rattler-led team.

If you offered me a clean sweep Sonny Dykes to come here with his staff to replace GP and his staff, I would take it in a minute. All things being equal Sonny and SMU deserve in the B12 more than GP and TCU. But you know that ain't gonna happen. All we can hope for is for something to happen to clean up our offense (yeah, the defense is not good, but a lot of winning teams have mediocre defenses...OU for instance).

I wrote a version of this song in 1997, but deleted it because I thought those days were well behind. WRONG.
To Miss American Pie tune:

So bye, bye my Horned Frog Pride,
Drove my car down to the Carter but The Carter had died

Then sad old fans were drinking whiskey and rye
Singing this is the time to cry, this it the time to cry.

And the three things I love the most,
Winning, TCU and my faith in right
They took the last train into the night.
The year Frog Football died.

I really think this is the end of our football programs relevance. Just us and Kansas competing for the last place in the B12 for the foreseeable future.

HToady

I was going to start a seperate post but this is as good a place as any.

This year I am as exhausted as I have ever been. Coming from the last days of the SWC to Rose Bowl, Fiesta, and Peach bowl games.
I have six season tickets, every week I throw away five. My kids have lost interest
The losing with poor effort is unbearable. It was more fun when we lost all of our games and pulled the occasional upset and stormed the field. Now, nobody cares.
The constant bombardment by loud pulsating noise is unbearable. Maybe before kickoffs would be OK but between every play. I can only stand it for about a half. The Showgirls need a refresh too. Mic up the band for christ sakes! But noone listens to our suggestions.
Watching the OU/KU game yesterday, they were wearing jackets! I want a game where we can wear jackets (I know I can't blame TCU for this, but the sellout to the networks does make the game less enjoyable).

Next year I'm going from 6 tickets to 2, and who know from there....

smufrogger

This year I am as exhausted as I have ever been. Coming from the last days of the SWC to Rose Bowl, Fiesta, and Peach bowl games.
I have six season tickets, every week I throw away five. My kids have lost interest
The losing with poor effort is unbearable. It was more fun when we lost all of our games and pulled the occasional upset and stormed the field. Now, nobody cares.
The constant bombardment by loud pulsating noise is unbearable. Maybe before kickoffs would be OK but between every play. I can only stand it for about a half. The Showgirls need a refresh too. Mic up the band for christ sakes! But noone listens to our suggestions.
Watching the OU/KU game yesterday, they were wearing jackets! I want a game where we can wear jackets (I know I can't blame TCU for this, but the sellout to the networks does make the game less enjoyable).

I sent from six to two this year. Family didn’t have interest I could give the tickets away -but even free friends wouldn’t bother showing up. Clearly this year many season ticket holders have lost interest as my section is not even half full.
I love what Garry has done for TCU- but it’s clearly time for him to retire.

Moose Stuff

Agree that we need a total redo on the music, intro, band…. All of it. Hasn’t changed in close to a decade. For the love of god someone delete Sandstorm from the playlist.

TRF51

I will also probably let my season tickets go after this year. I often have a hard time giving them away. Seeing friends at the tailgate is really the only thing I enjoy anymore. The atmosphere is lame inside the stadium. Such a beautiful stadium that is half empty for a night game. People I brought wondered why then they got it when they watched WVU control the game.

mwe2187

Our group is going from 6 tix down to 2 next year as well. It was going to be just losing 2, but ive decided not to renew my portion as well and just split with my parents. We have OU season tix as well (Sooner wife)and at this point, im kind of done with TCU until changes are made.

netty2424

Put me in the camp of not having much interest in the band. I mean, it’s a nice touch to have a band simply out of tradition, but if I had to make a choice, band or music, give me music.

To be clear, I do think there should be a band, but it doesn’t do enough for me to care if it were replaced by music. Watching a band at half time does absolutely nothing for me. Just not my thing.

CM Frog

Our group is going from 6 tix down to 2 next year as well. It was going to be just losing 2, but ive decided not to renew my portion as well and just split with my parents. We have OU season tix as well (Sooner wife)and at this point, im kind of done with TCU until changes are made.
Many schools have gone through many seasons of bad football. Ask the Michigan and Arkansas fans about that. My family will continue to support the team with butts in the seat and by screaming loud. Anything different is something I do not associate with
Go Frogs!!