• The KillerFrogs

Joseph Turner and Nick Sanders

purpleshades

Does anyone know if these two guys are making a push to get picked up by anyone? If so are there any rumors that either will get picked up?

When JT was healthy he was one of the best between the tackles runners I've ever seen.
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/561421

As for Nick, I'm not sure why his production declined the way it did throughout his time at TCU but I would like to see him get into a camp somewhere.

Thoughts/insight would be appreciated...

AEAfrog

Sanders is much too small. It was kind of astonishing how capable he was at the corner position for TCU much less performing at the NFL level.

bullfrog69

QUOTE(AEAfrog @ Apr 28 2010, 06:36 PM) [snapback]552050[/snapback]
Sanders is much too small. It was kind of astonishing how capable he was at the corner position for TCU much less performing at the NFL level.

too slow too small. He would get burned just like he did at tcu

Gunner

Super against the run, Sanders was not a speed corner. He was the best I've ever seen, tackling from the outside. Saw him one night, shuck two blockers and make a tackle behind the line. Was super quick around the perimeter.

Dogfrog

QUOTE(bullfrog69 @ Apr 28 2010, 09:15 PM) [snapback]552185[/snapback]
too slow too small. He would get burned just like he did at tcu

classless post.

AEAfrog

QUOTE(Gunner @ Apr 28 2010, 08:19 PM) [snapback]552188[/snapback]
Super against the run, Sanders was not a speed corner. He was the best I've ever seen, tackling from the outside. Saw him one night, shuck two blockers and make a tackle behind the line. Was super quick around the perimeter.

Was it Sanders or Priest who had the issue changing direction? I know that was the knock on at least one of them.

bullfrog69

QUOTE(Dogfrog @ Apr 28 2010, 09:44 PM) [snapback]552203[/snapback]
classless post.

ok sorry he is too slow for the pass game but solid against the run. Sorry for hurting feelings

Lomez

Who knows, maybe these guys are ready to move on to the next phase of their lives after football. They sure were great as Frogs.

tetonfrog

QUOTE(Lomez @ Apr 29 2010, 03:14 AM) [snapback]552215[/snapback]
Who knows, maybe these guys are ready to move on to the next phase of their lives after football. They sure were great as Frogs.

I'd like to think their feet are grounded on the floor. Turner was a beast before all his injuries and Sanders started four years even though he was not the fastest corner in the conference, let alone his own team. That does not mean they were not good college players, but could you imagine Sanders covering Randy Moss one-on-one or Turner running over Ray Lewis on the goalline? Both guys worked very hard and contributed to the winningest class in TCU history. That's all that matters to me.

I tip my hat to both of them and wish them well, NFL or not.

purpleshades

QUOTE(tetonfrog @ Apr 28 2010, 09:37 PM) [snapback]552222[/snapback]
I'd like to think their feet are grounded on the floor. Turner was a beast before all his injuries and Sanders started four years even though he was not the fastest corner in the conference, let alone his own team. That does not mean they were not good college players, but could you imagine Sanders covering Randy Moss one-on-one or Turner running over Ray Lewis on the goalline? Both guys worked very hard and contributed to the winningest class in TCU history. That's all that matters to me.

I tip my hat to both of them and wish them well, NFL or not.

Thanks for the posts.

I know Sanders wasn't all that great and if you define not all that great by saying he started for four years, was an all conf player three of them, was a frosh all american and started on 2 #1 defenses in the country then yes I agree he wasn't very good.

I know guys that don't quite have all the measurables but come from winning programs and can fill a resume up with accolades do sometimes get free agent opportunities in the NFL. It's not like he will kill your locker room. I agree he wasn't worthy of a draft pick but people on here are acting like I'm crazy to think either of these guys would get at least an invited into someone's camp.

bullfrog69

QUOTE(purpleshades @ Apr 28 2010, 11:25 PM) [snapback]552232[/snapback]
Thanks for the posts.

I know Sanders wasn't all that great and if you define not all that great by saying he started for four years, was an all conf player three of them, was a frosh all american and started on 2 #1 defenses in the country then yes I agree he wasn't very good.

I know guys that don't quite have all the measurables but come from winning programs and can fill a resume up with accolades do sometimes get free agent opportunities in the NFL. It's not like he will kill your locker room. I agree he wasn't worthy of a draft pick but people on here are acting like I'm crazy to think either of these guys would get at least an invited into someone's camp.

i don't think your crazy about turner at all. i could see him in the nfl if his knees were up to it. sanders on the other hand was a good college player but just not have the speed for the nfl. i think that was confirmed when he ran his 40 at pro day. some players are good in college but just do not project well to the next level.

talor

Sanders was a wonderful corner at TCU and we should all thank him for the years he gave us. If there was someone else better on the active roster I am pretty sure that GP and Bumpas would have played him...but there wasn't so Sanders was the man.

I think this is just another example of how college success does not always translate to the NFL. Hell, Eric Crouch and Jason White each won a Heisman! :blink:

HFrog1999

Turner made a comment in an article that he wanted to be a high school coach. He hates to fly and is looking forward to being able to stay on the ground. I hope to see him on the sidelines in the near future and it'd be great to see him coach players and send them on to TCU.

TCUFrogs

QUOTE(bullfrog69 @ Apr 29 2010, 12:14 AM) [snapback]552244[/snapback]
sanders on the other hand was a good college player but just not have the speed for the nfl. i think that was confirmed when he ran his 40 at pro day.

Are you sure he ran at pro day or was still recovering??

What was his time?

bullfrog69

i can't find the exact 40 time that sanders ran maybe somebody else can. i know he ran it though. priest didn't because of the injury to his foot

gdu

just talked to JT24. Nobody seems to want to take a chance on him. He is looking at some other leagues but needs a job to pay the bills. He has a cute little girl. If anybody knows of anything in the FW area, holler at me. He would really appreciate it. He has a psych major (which of course is useless without a masters), but said he is willing to do any type of work.

gdu

talked with JT again this weekend. He will be playing for Jim Fassel and the UFL's Las Vegas Locomotives next season.

J-Train on the Locomotives; it works.

jake102

Nick Sanders was alright.... but this last season there's no way he would have started every game if he hadn't been a senior and started the last 3 years. Everybody pretty much knew that Teague and McCoy were superior corners. Not to mention the various games that Sanders got replaced during the middle of the games this year. He did a great job for TCU though.