• The KillerFrogs

Joe Golding and Grant McCasland

TK2000

Would love to have Golding. Grew up playing sports with him as a young kid. He comes from a coaching family. I know he would be hungry. Also a good person.

LVH

Watching North Texas and Abilene Christian claim NCAA bids last night, I know that they play weaker competition, but at least both teams have an identity, which we don't have.

North Texas copies what Virginia does, they grind the game down to a halt, play very solid pack line defense and then are deliberate on offense and try to make each possession count. They did a great job shutting down lottery pick Charles Bassey last night. I know our fanbase would likely hate this style of basketball, but it wins. North Texas has had a higher KenPom rating than us the last 2 seasons.

Abilene Christian also focuses on defending but in a different way, they force a ton of turnovers and make the opponent uncomfortable. Top 5 nationally in forced turnovers and steals. This program has turned into a power in the Southland, and plays with a ton of energy.

wilson912

I really like the way ACU plays. Even though he’s an alum, he’s surely going to have to leave at some point just from a progression and comp standpoint. I wish we’d take a shot and go after him but i get it we’re on the hook for a lotta money for our current staff. I did see the UNM position is open, Ryan Miller was considered last time is was open, probably bad timing for him now. I wish they’d take a look at him-he’s a good coach and would reduce our long term salary load. I think it’s wrong to blame ADJD for making JD stay; he would have been barbecued had we let JD go. No win situation. However, he should make some kind of statement putting Jamie on notice ala what he said about Patterson needing to make the big 12 championship game.

Eight

Watching North Texas and Abilene Christian claim NCAA bids last night, I know that they play weaker competition, but at least both teams have an identity, which we don't have.

North Texas copies what Virginia does, they grind the game down to a halt, play very solid pack line defense and then are deliberate on offense and try to make each possession count. They did a great job shutting down lottery pick Charles Bassey last night. I know our fanbase would likely hate this style of basketball, but it wins. North Texas has had a higher KenPom rating than us the last 2 seasons.

Abilene Christian also focuses on defending but in a different way, they force a ton of turnovers and make the opponent uncomfortable. Top 5 nationally in forced turnovers and steals. This program has turned into a power in the Southland, and plays with a ton of energy.

acu has become the duke of the big country since joining the southland