• The KillerFrogs

joe gillespie and the broken toy defense

Eight

Wex, thanks for that description. I’ve been trying to figure out the angles of the 3-3-5 and that explains it perfectly.

confused-confused-math.gif

gofor2

Wish I could get CFB stats that did not include OOC games. That is, conference only stats.
I could manually type in the numbers but its far too time consuming.
Anyone know a site that filters conference / ooc stats?

Eight

Wish I could get CFB stats that did not include OOC games. That is, conference only stats.

try the conference sites for stats. and see if they will export the data

Eight

Gillespie's resume has P-5 HC written all over it

maybe, 20 years as a high school coach and another 6-7 years at tulsa

the higher you go the less you get to actually do what he appears to love the most and that is teach his players and have that contact with them.

then again i haven't ever had a conversation with the man so i am just guessing here, but what i know is that he was a great hire, he and his defensive staff have done a great job, and i look forward to watching the frogs defenses under him

Frawg

Dance Too Long Didnt Read GIF by Francisco Negrello

Seriously tho, nice info.

One thing that irks me this year is everyone saying that TCU is undefeated on the back of Gary's recruits. Offensively to a large degree, yes. Defensively, not at all. The other major piece, being young Domanic, was recruited and signed by this staff.
Lots of Gary’s recruits but my god we can all see the difference in player development. Gary was great. His assistants…? I think maybe we would be playing Baylor to “get to six!” Under the old crew rather than staying undefeated and in the CFP.

HoustonHornedFrog

Conference games only. Or click on the Overall Stats button near the top left corner to see the stats for all games.

Limp Lizard

The thing about the Texas game that really jumped out to me was tackling. Robinson normally gets a whole bunch of his yards after contact. Often the first tackler brought him down and if not there were plenty of other tacklers waiting for him. They tackled everyone very well, it's just that Robinson had the well-deserved reputation as a tackle-breaker.

In the college game, if you are a great tackling team you are gonna be at least pretty good. Add covering well and being in position and running to the ball and you have what we had on Saturday. Best TCU defensive performance in a long time.