• The KillerFrogs

Jeremiah Donati is a Spineless, [ muschi ]

netty2424

let’s simplify it this way - is he communicating and managing things at TCU in a way that makes it appear he is a top 30 professional in his field?

Let’s assume 12 of 14 SEC ADs are above average

+ 4 of the P12 ADs = above average
+ 6 of the ACC ADs=above average (w/ ND)
+ 5 of the B10 ADs = above average

thats 27 ADs in the country that are immediately proven with a track record and well respected in the country — would you rather hire somebody from another school for $1mm or take Donati?

$1mm compensation is Top ~30 and I think living / working at TCU is also a top 20 job — we wouldn’t have an issue poaching somebody in my opinion
Fair enough.

Per an article from 2020, ADJD makes $938k. No idea if accurate.

But if true, that’s less than the conference average for AD salaries in Big12(skewed, but still true), BIG10, ACC, and SEC. The only P5 conference he’s paid more than the average is PAC12, and that’s by about $80k. Nominal.

And by this metric of conference averages, we’re talking a couple hundred thousand dollars, not millions in difference.

Further, per this article, he took a Pandi pay cut so his pay was less in 2020, not sure if that applies to 2021.

That being said, I don’t know if he’s worth the money. Maybe he isn’t. I suppose as the economy normalizes, he’ll have more authority to put his stamp on the program.

Where his salary/national ranking matches up to the other Big12 AD’s:

“Two more Big 12 ADs top the seven-figure mark: Baylor’s Mack Rhoades ($1,554,897 – 9th nationally) and Kansas’ Jeff Long ($1,500,000 – 11th). That gives the Big 12 five of the 25 ADs in the nation which make more than $1 million per year.

The rest of the Big 12 includes Mike Holder (Oklahoma State – $950,000 – 28th), Jeremiah Donati (TCU – $938,473 – 29th), Jamie Pollard (Iowa State ($903,000 – 32nd) Shane Lyons (WVU – $870,000 – 39th) and Gene Taylor (Kansas State – $650,000 – 59th).”

https://bluegoldnews.com/west-virgi...s-whos-on-top-whos-getting-it-done-in-big-12/

Fair enough.

But if true, that’s less than the conference average for AD salaries in Big12(skewed, but still true), BIG10, ACC, and SEC. The only P5 conference he’s paid more than the average is PAC12, and that’s by about $80k. Nominal.

And by this metric of conference averages, we’re talking a couple hundred thousand dollars, not millions in difference.

Further, per this article, he took a Pandi pay cut so his pay was less in 2020, not sure if that applies to 2021.

That being said, I don’t know if he’s worth the money. Maybe he isn’t. I suppose as the economy normalizes, he’ll have more authority to put his stamp on the program.

“Two more Big 12 ADs top the seven-figure mark: Baylor’s Mack Rhoades ($1,554,897 – 9th nationally) and Kansas’ Jeff Long ($1,500,000 – 11th). That gives the Big 12 five of the 25 ADs in the nation which make more than $1 million per year.

The rest of the Big 12 includes Mike Holder (Oklahoma State – $950,000 – 28th), Jeremiah Donati (TCU – $938,473 – 29th), Jamie Pollard (Iowa State ($903,000 – 32nd) Shane Lyons (WVU – $870,000 – 39th) and Gene Taylor (Kansas State – $650,000 – 59th).”

https://bluegoldnews.com/west-virgi...s-whos-on-top-whos-getting-it-done-in-big-12/
ADJD makes WELL above 1 million.

ticketfrog123

Fair enough.

I used the same source to get an idea of P5 AD salaries - one important note is the tax situation and cost of living for P12 schools - they are paid significantly less after taxes and cost of living (unless you’re in Pullman at Wazzu)

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Then add me to the list of E.S. suite holders who are pissed @ the guy for reasons other than weather delays. 2 other suite holders posted their experiences with the guy in the other thread.
Cool. I have had zero negative interactions with the athletic department/frog club. But I’m very laid back and not demanding in any way. When I need something they take care of it, usually way above and beyond what I was hoping for.

SuperTFrog

Cool. I have had zero negative interactions with the athletic department/frog club. But I’m very laid back and not demanding in any way. When I need something they take care of it, usually way above and beyond what I was hoping for.
You and me would get along well. I am a glass half full kind of guy and this forum is full of “the glass should be 99% full” kind of people, IMO. Life is too short to be pissed about EVERYTHING!

netty2424

I’ve had very little reason to interact with the Frog Club/Athletic department outside of any normal purchase, but when I have, they have been very accommodating and gone over and above. Nothing but class acts in my dealings. I’ve even had a higher up meet me at the gate I enter to ensure the plan went as discussed, and to just introduce themselves on a personal level. Nice touch on their behalf. Those things carry a lot of weight with me.

Same here. I was referring to ADJD not the ad/fc as a whole. They are great.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Unless it begins Thursday which they said was being talked about due to the threat of severe weather on Friday and Kansas' strong preference to not have to play its 8th DH of the season.
Ah gotcha. I figured they would go to a DH on Saturday but they did talk about that possibility since Kansas is here. My bad. I assume it means this series.

Latest posts