• The KillerFrogs

Jeremiah Donati is a Spineless, [ muschi ]

ticketfrog123

Well he’s a P5 AD so he should be compensated as such.

As for the east side, it opened late. Wasn’t that primarily due to weather delays? Once they knew it wasn’t opening on time, they slowed it down. I’m not sure what the controversy is on that. Not arguing your point, I just don’t know the details I guess. Was it something he did that caused the delayed opening?

That’s not how compensation works...literally anywhere.

somebody who is newly promoted to a position, call it a director title, is never paid the same as somebody in that role for 15 years

the east side was delayed in opening because it was poorly managed by an extreme margin. A 1 year delay means you actually never checked in on the status or assumed people would make things happen under an insane deadline — it did not rain for an entire year

netty2424

somebody who is newly promoted to a position, call it a director title, is never paid the same as somebody in that role for 15 years

Just having a conversation here. No need to be a prick. I stated he’s being compensated as a P5 AD. I didn’t say he’s deserved to be the highest paid. Every position everywhere, as you stated has a range.

Where’s the list of AD’s compensation and how does Donati match up?

Is he the highest paid? Is he in the top 10, 20, 30% of AD’s in Big12?

And do you prefer that TCU employ the lowest paid AD in the conference?

Last edited:

Peacefrog

Degenerate

the east side was delayed in opening because it was poorly managed by an extreme margin. A 1 year delay means you actually never checked in on the status or assumed people would make things happen under an insane deadline — it did not rain for an entire year
Do you have East side club tickets? If not, then why the scheiss do you care? I do. And I didn’t care.

ticketfrog123

Just having a conversation here. No need to be a prick. I stated he’s being compensated as a P5 AD. I didn’t say he’s deserved to be the highest paid. Every position everywhere, as you stated has a range.

Where’s the list of AD’s compensation and how does Donati match up?

Is he the highest paid? Is he in the top 10, 20, 30% of AD’s in Big12?

And do you prefer that TCU employ the lowest paid AD in the conference?

im not being a “prick” - you’re apparently a snowflake

it sounded like you had the background to know he was a top 6 paid AD in the conference + top 40 nationally

(top 6 is a bit distorting because CDC, OU + TTU ADs are top 10 nationally and all paid around $2mm + Big 12 has 5 of the top 11 AD comp packages in the country...with Baylor and Kansas now having a national title in men’s basketball)

Having a conversation - does paying a guy who has never guided the TCU athletic department to anything notable mean he should be paid like the top guys in conference who help produce wins?

His inflated comp is justified because the other guys make more off of merit? Exception being Hocutt at Tech which is a bizarre scenario.

Last edited:

jake102

I reject all assumptions that the AD cannot be expected to lead and influence “the big three” and set vision and direction for the athletic department comprehensively. If he has no expected impact or influence on inarguably the most important elements of his division, then pay him about a fourth of his salary and stick him in the development office.

Agreed. I get that telling GP what to do is probably impossible, but you can certainly help guide him. I feel like marketing the program is an easy way Donati could do something and actually convince GP to do it. Might be a pain, and take a lot of time, but it would be something.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
No, you care because you don’t like him. Those of us that paid for it pretty much don’t care at all because the delays were weather related. Something you seem incapable of understanding. I would be pissed if they spent extra money to rush it. So, no, you don’t need club tickets to comment but you are just being a whiny [ hundin] when doing so since it didn’t affect you one bit.

I picture you as someone that gives very little to nothing to the program but complain about it incessantly. Like a few others on here.

No, you care because you don’t like him. Those of us that paid for it pretty much don’t care at all because the delays were weather related. Something you seem incapable of understanding. I would be pissed if they spent extra money to rush it. So, no, you don’t need club tickets to comment but you are just being a whiny [ hundin] when doing so since it didn’t affect you one bit.

I picture you as someone that gives very little to nothing to the program but complain about it incessantly. Like a few others on here.
I share a suite with another group and we care. Donati is an ass and doesn't know what the hell he is doing.

ticketfrog123

you have me confused with somebody else

I am simply asking questions. Don’t have anything against the guy and have never commented on him prior to this week

do I think he’s the best person we could’ve hired for the job? No.

do I think he’s the worst or the offspring of Satan because of capacity restrictions at Lupton? Also no.

— I’ve been involved with large construction projects at a much higher dollar amount and longer timelines to build or renovate — you do not communicate deadlines you can’t hit and you certainly don’t blame a 1 year miss of a deadline on weather

(Armageddon weather huh? Guess no other athletic department in Texas was able to meet their renovation deadline that year?)

netty2424

im not being a prick - you’re apparently a snowflake

it sounded like you had the background to know he was a top 6 paid AD in the conference + top 40 nationally

(top 6 is a bit distorting because CDC, OU + TTU ADs are top 10 nationally and all paid around $2mm)
Ah yes, when all else fails and you have nothing left to offer, pull the panic snowflake card.

I am trying to understand the sentiments being directed at Donati, which is why I’m asking questions. I don’t know Donati, haven’t met him, and have no idea if he’s worth what he’s being paid.

If accurate(being private, how would you know where he’s paid/ranked) I would expect the TCU AD job to be at a minimum paid 6th highest in the Big 12, which would seemingly put him right where he is nationally as well.

He can’t fire GP. He can’t fire Schloss. It sounds like his hands are tied in holding onto JD through his contract.

Weather delays on the east side? His fault?

I’m not sure if seating capacity disagreements really warrant the calling for his head. While many may not agree with capacity decisions, I would argue there are probably just as many that appreciate their efforts. And to be clear, I’m not saying I agree with them personally, but I’m still failing to see where he’s inept for his pay/job. And I’m not arguing for or against him, just trying to understand.

ticketfrog123

Ah yes, when all else fails and you have nothing left to offer, pull the panic snowflake card.

I am trying to understand the sentiments being directed at Donati, which is why I’m asking questions. I don’t know Donati, haven’t met him, and have no idea if he’s worth what he’s being paid.

If accurate(being private, how would you know where he’s paid/ranked) I would expect the TCU AD job to be at a minimum paid 6th highest in the Big 12, which would seemingly put him right where he is nationally as well.

He can’t fire GP. He can’t fire Schloss. It sounds like his hands are tied in holding onto JD through his contract.

Weather delays on the east side? His fault?

I’m not sure if seating capacity disagreements really warrant the calling for his head. While many may not agree with capacity decisions, I would argue there are probably just as many that appreciate their efforts. And to be clear, I’m not saying I agree with them personally, but I’m still failing to see where he’s inept for his pay/job. And I’m not arguing for or against him, just trying to understand.

let’s simplify it this way - is he communicating and managing things at TCU in a way that makes it appear he is a top 30 professional in his field?

Let’s assume 12 of 14 SEC ADs are above average

+ 4 of the P12 ADs = above average
+ 6 of the ACC ADs=above average (w/ ND)
+ 5 of the B10 ADs = above average

thats 27 ADs in the country that are immediately proven with a track record and well respected in the country — would you rather hire somebody from another school for $1mm or take Donati?

$1mm compensation is Top ~30 and I think living / working at TCU is also a top 20 job — we wouldn’t have an issue poaching somebody in my opinion

LeagueCityFrog

I put my money where my opinions are and bought one of those East Side Loge boxes. They are great. That being said, the ADJD that people are on here trashing for stadium occupancy took care of anyone who needed a seat, for free on TCU Athletics, during the 2019 season because there was record rain in DFW in 2018 when they were trying to put the steel down to build the east side expansion. If we end up making Omaha again this June, Coach P gets us back to New Year's Six this Fall, and Donati makes sure we don't go back out into the college conference desert come 2024 like we were thrown to in 1995, then he's done his job. As added insurance, I don't see CDC letting UT burn Chancellor Boschini, Coach P, and his godson ADJD when the moment of truth for conference realignment comes here in 36 months. College athletics is a business, but relationships do matter. It appears Jamie Dixon wants to stay in Fort Worth and has come to grips with his situation and is trying to rebuild his roster around Mike Myles. We are top 5, 10, and 25 in other sports. We will be back at 100% capacity in football and if Covid keeps trending down the way it is and vaccines keep going up and the NCAA approves it, I don't see why the NCAA baseball regional and super regional hopefully in Fort Worth won't have near 100% capacity in 8 weeks.

Go Frogs!

flyfishingfrog

I put my money where my opinions are and bought one of those East Side Loge boxes. They are great. That being said, the ADJD that people are on here trashing for stadium occupancy took care of anyone who needed a seat, for free on TCU Athletics, during the 2019 season because there was record rain in DFW in 2018 when they were trying to put the steel down to build the east side expansion. If we end up making Omaha again this June, Coach P gets us back to New Year's Six this Fall, and Donati makes sure we don't go back out into the college conference desert come 2024 like we were thrown to in 1995, then he's done his job. As added insurance, I don't see CDC letting UT burn Chancellor Boschini, Coach P, and his godson ADJD when the moment of truth for conference realignment comes here in 36 months. College athletics is a business, but relationships do matter. It appears Jamie Dixon wants to stay in Fort Worth and has come to grips with his situation and is trying to rebuild his roster around Mike Myles. We are top 5, 10, and 25 in other sports. We will be back at 100% capacity in football and if Covid keeps trending down the way it is and vaccines keep going up and the NCAA approves it, I don't see why the NCAA baseball regional and super regional hopefully in Fort Worth won't have near 100% capacity in 8 weeks.

Go Frogs!
So you think he is doing a great job because he found seats for people that donated $10k+ a seat for a seat that wasn’t available? and will continue to a great job if two coaches and programs that he evidently has no control over are successful?

you have a low bar that evidently falls into the don’t screw it up by doing anything category

we will see obviously but the NCAA will dictate our attendance policy - not TCU or ADJD - and from all indications it will be a common policy across all sites so no one has a “home field advantage” over another host - thus what conditions we are in here might be irrelevant

although the SEC schools current 100% capacity policy and the power they hold over the NCAA may be our best friends because I feel confident their ADs will not stand by and accept reduced capacity for the playoffs without putting up a hell of a fight

Last edited:

Peacefrog

Degenerate
you have me confused with somebody else

I am simply asking questions. Don’t have anything against the guy and have never commented on him prior to this week

do I think he’s the best person we could’ve hired for the job? No.

do I think he’s the worst or the offspring of Satan because of capacity restrictions at Lupton? Also no.

— I’ve been involved with large construction projects at a much higher dollar amount and longer timelines to build or renovate — you do not communicate deadlines you can’t hit and you certainly don’t blame a 1 year miss of a deadline on weather

(Armageddon weather huh? Guess no other athletic department in Texas was able to meet their renovation deadline that year?)
Athletics department communicated everything to me that I needed in a timely fashion. It must have been tough for you to not have the east side club open on time that you weren’t going to use anyway.