• The KillerFrogs

Jeremiah Donati is a Spineless, [ muschi ]

Bizarro Frog

I am in the insurance and I don’t think many people understand the fear of liability suits in this climate. There are a lot of decisions being made that 3 years from now folks may look back and say I told you so. There is also the possibility you get wiped out financially for COVID related claims. Give it a rest unless you are the one with something to lose.

flyfishingfrog

And Jeff Williams and his radio sidekick had to mention several times how passive and silent the crowd was. Wonder why?
It got loud a lot but then it would go totally dead

like after the Grand Slam - the Lupton Morgue came back to life for example

but during the first 4 innings you could have heard a pin drop

so lame that our own athletic department is not only not fighting to get more fans in to support our team, they seem to not give a crap and are allowing the blue shirt stadium Nazis total autonomy to stop anyone having fun

Last edited:

flyfishingfrog

I am in the insurance and I don’t think many people understand the fear of liability suits in this climate. There are a lot of decisions being made that 3 years from now folks may look back and say I told you so. There is also the possibility you get wiped out financially for COVID related claims. Give it a rest unless you are the one with something to lose.
That is such [ deposit from a bull that looks like Art Briles ]

if that mattered they would not be forcing 200 students into one section where they are standing side by side in every row

or they would not be allowing people to sit on the top terrace of right field side by side and walking within a foot of each other to get by

Pharm Frog

It got loud a lot but then it would go totally dead

like after the Grand Slam - the Lupton Morgue came back to life for example

but during the first 4 innings you could have heard a pin drop

so lame that our own athletic department is not - not fighting to get more fans in to support our team, they seem to not give a crap and are allowing the blue shirt stadium Nazis total autonomy to stop anyone having fun

It’s okay. ADJD has promised more attendance when it’s approved. Now if you want to see a ridiculous attendance policy.... check out the current tennis match against BU. Apparently free tacos make people immune from COVID but only if you are a current student.

flyfishingfrog

It’s okay. ADJD has promised more attendance when it’s approved. Now if you want to see a ridiculous attendance policy.... check out the current tennis match against BU. Apparently free tacos make people immune from COVID but only if you are a current student.
Evidently you can’t get Covid if you are a student enrolled at TCU, in the outfield GA or within the football stadium based on this weekends policy

jake102

Anybody who would rule in favor of any COVID claim from a fully optional public place is a moron

Bizarro Frog

Anybody who would rule in favor of any COVID claim from a fully optional public place is a moron
I am not saying logic applies here . Just saying there are a lot of risk that people are having to weigh with a lot of uncertainties. If we always dealt with rational people the world would run a lot smoother.

flyfishingfrog

I am not saying logic applies here . Just saying there are a lot of risk that people are having to weigh with a lot of uncertainties. If we always dealt with rational people the world would run a lot smoother.
Well the next time one of the blue shirt nazis leans over me to tell some kids sitting in the middle of my row they have to move - I am going to cough on them snd tell them they gave me Covid

And then call Steel to get the law suit going for exposing me

YA

Well the next time one of the blue shirt nazis leans over me to tell some kids sitting in the middle of my row they have to move - I am going to cough on them
That’s assault under Texas law. I know you are retired but don’t risk your medical license and board memberships for a political point.

flyfishingfrog

That’s assault under Texas law. I know you are retired but don’t risk your medical license and board memberships for a political point.
So if I leave out the cough and just accuse him exposing me - is that better?

I mean the guy stands over me like 10 times a game all weekend....

tcumaniac

Haha. My wife and I were recipients of an aggressive scolding after snapping some zip ties. It’s obnoxious how many seats are being wasted while people sit shoulder to shoulder in the outfield or the student section.

So instead we slid over and sat directly next to two strangers in non-zip tie seats. Two very nice folks. Enjoyed their company.

flyfishingfrog

Haha. My wife and I were recipients of an aggressive scolding after snapping some zip ties. It’s obnoxious how many seats are being wasted while people sit shoulder to shoulder in the outfield or the student section.

So instead we slid over and sat directly next to two strangers in non-zip tie seats. Two very nice folks. Enjoyed their company.
Covid killer! Sitting next to total strangers in an outdoor stadium...how dare you have fun

netty2424

I'm pretty impartial to ADJD as I don't really have much of a gripe for what he's done or hasn't done. For those who have such a strong opinion of him and don't think he's the right guy for the job, what would you consider the top 5-10 decisions he has made at this point that you would disagree with. This also includes decisions to do nothing about something that you feel should have been made/done differently?

jake102

I'm pretty impartial to ADJD as I don't really have much of a gripe for what he's done or hasn't done. For those who have such a strong opinion of him and don't think he's the right guy for the job, what would you consider the top 5-10 decisions he has made at this point that you would disagree with. This also includes decisions to do nothing about something that you feel should have been made/done differently?

1) Holding Dixon to his buyout and not letting him leave. I thought it was a good move by Donati at the time, but I’m not being paid close to seven figures to make those big big decisions

2) COVID attendance issues. Zero leadership, all follow

3) Allowing GP to go further down the isolation/paranoid trail. In a time where programs are opening up more and more, we go backwards. And we don’t win very much.

4) IIRC the east side expansion was a full year late.

5) Women’s basketball and volleyball are not performing close to what they should be.

bmoney214

OUCH!!!
are allowing the blue shirt stadium Nazis total autonomy to stop anyone having fun
This. During yesterday's game, there were some kids playing around, playing catch behind the fence close to right center. Nobody within 15-20 feet of them. One of the blue shirts came over and told them they couldn't throw the ball around. Then the guy stood over there for a couple of innings.

netty2424

1) Holding Dixon to his buyout and not letting him leave. I thought it was a good move by Donati at the time, but I’m not being paid close to seven figures to make those big big decisions

2) COVID attendance issues. Zero leadership, all follow

3) Allowing GP to go further down the isolation/paranoid trail. In a time where programs are opening up more and more, we go backwards. And we don’t win very much.

4) IIRC the east side expansion was a full year late.

5) Women’s basketball and volleyball are not performing close to what they should be.
I kind of feel like everyone wanted Dixon to stay at that time as things were looking up. That’s a tough one, but he’s ultimately responsible for the decisions he’s made.

The GP situation is also a tough one. I’m not sure there’s an AD in the country who would come in here and dictate anything to GP about the program. Maybe that’s an indictment on TCU’s leadership as a whole.

Are the firing/hiring of coaches even his decision right now? I’m not taking up for him, serious question. We’ve heard about the hiring freeze. Maybe VB has just told him we will ride out all contracts to avoid buy outs.

Last edited:

FWTFrog

I think with most it's more about what Donati is not doing/not capable of doing. We settled on Donati for a replacement and did not follow through on an executive search.

1) Not going out and attempting to hire qualified replacements for the employees that Del Conte poached. (Biggest was Drew Martin with marketing.)
2) Mis-handling of ticket packages in regards to COVID. (Other schools were able to develop creative solutions to reduced capacity.)
3) Jamie Dixon buyout negotiations with UCLA.
4) Not holding Coach P accountable for his coaching staff decisions.
5) Lack of transparency that Del Conte presented. (I personally loved CDC's weekly newsletters, open forums, and being approachable at sporting events.)