• The KillerFrogs

Jeremiah Donati has a busy week ahead of him...

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
We have now lost 5 home games in a row. Stinks. Totally stinks. Walking through campus and then sitting in the new East side today, it is obvious TCU has all the bells and whistles to recruit top players. We had 5 NFL draft picks on our team last season and had another bad year. Something has to change.
I realize this is a "Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?" question, but how was the New and Improved East Side and all?

One Frog Nation

You know, for whatever reason after 20 years and after the 2017 season, I had a sense of dread of the future and did not renew my tickets. I had just retired, they are expensive but I could afford them but just didn't see the future the way of the past at that time. I am glad that I have missed the past couple of seasons in person. Bad enough on tv but to pay $$ for this would be too much. I agree with someone above, if this doesn't get fixed in the next couple of games, the over under on portal transfers out is around 9. with 2 already gone.

Rose Bowl

Every game that goes by makes me happy I opted out this year. Have to be truthful I only watched a little of the game. Not watching live is doing wonders for my blood pressure.

As for the AD I don’t know exactly what he can do other than fire Gary and everyone knows that isn’t happening.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
I went over to YouTube to find a particular movie clip from Captain Blood. Apparently, there isn't a clip of it aside from the whole film, but essentially the crew cannot fathom why they are sailing to Port Royal. They reject the idea. Captain Blood then merely says, "Well where are we going?"
"What do you mean?"
"Well, obviously I am no longer the Captain. So, I ask you where we are going?"
"Wait! What do you mean you're no longer Captain?"
Being Errol Flynn, he soon talks them back into his command. After all, Errol Flynn!*

The point is, we've had a Captain for nigh on 20 years now. Good years. New Stadium. New Facilities. New Conference. Big flow of money. On TV every week. We're somewhat spoiled, considering. It's been a long, strange, and very hard trip. Kicking the man who basically brought us to such a Promised Land over the side is... difficult.

As it should be.

*If you haven't watched Captain Blood, do so. It's camp, corny, and utterly wonderful! It started Errol Flynn's career and starred a host of others who would become stars in Olivia DeHavilland, Basil Rathbone, and director Michael Curtiz.

4th. down

You know, for whatever reason after 20 years and after the 2017 season, I had a sense of dread of the future and did not renew my tickets. I had just retired, they are expensive but I could afford them but just didn't see the future the way of the past at that time. I am glad that I have missed the past couple of seasons in person. Bad enough on tv but to pay $$ for this would be too much. I agree with someone above, if this doesn't get fixed in the next couple of games, the over under on portal transfers out is around 9. with 2 already gone.

I would say 9 total is a fair assessment. Hopefully Max, Brooks, and Evans stay. It would give a new regime something to work with, but of course, that's wishful thinking..........nothing is going to change until it gets much worse. If we lose our remaining games, then we might see some serious soul searching by the Board of Trustees and the Administration.

LeagueCityFrog

Urban Meyer is only 56 and I remember him calling TCU a "Top 5" Head Coaching destination in America while he was working at ESPN. Just sayin'. Luke Fickel would be my next choice. I pray Gary turns this once azz kicking program around and makes a winning run...but....

We are now 0-5 our last 5 home games and 2-7 our last 9 games. Come on... This makes for a bunch of bad weekends in Fort Worth. I'm to the point that I don't know what to suggest to fix this. OU's defense has sucked the last 3-5 years, but TCU always finds a way to make them look like world beaters. They have averaged giving up 40 points a game. We only score 14. TCU defense was just as bad.

This is a business and at some point the powers that be have to force improvement or protect the business. 2024 is coming..... I still believe in Gary, but this losing HAS TO STOP.

Wexahu

Urban Meyer is only 56 and I remember him calling TCU a "Top 5" Head Coaching destination in America while he was working at ESPN. Just sayin'. Luke Fickel would be my next choice. I pray Gary turns this once azz kicking program around and makes a winning run...but....

We are now 0-5 out last 5 home games and 2-7 our last 9 games. Come on... This makes for a bunch of bad weekends in Fort Worth. I'm to the point that I don't know what to suggest to fix this. OU's defense has sucked the last 3-5 years, but TCU always finds a way to make them look like world beaters. They have averaged giving up 40 points a game. We only score 14. TCU defense was just as bad.

This is a business and at some point the powers that be have to force improvement or protect the business. 2024 is coming..... I still believe in Gary, but this losing HAS TO STOP.

I don’t really believe in Gary anymore TBH. Here’s a guy that has openly admitted the end for him isn’t too far down the road and he’s ridiculously financially comfortable.

I hope things get better but there’s nothing tangible or sensical that makes me think it will get better. It’s probably time.

Horny4TCU

4jqvl9.jpg

Boomhauer

I went over to YouTube to find a particular movie clip from Captain Blood. Apparently, there isn't a clip of it aside from the whole film, but essentially the crew cannot fathom why they are sailing to Port Royal. They reject the idea. Captain Blood then merely says, "Well where are we going?"
"What do you mean?"
Being Errol Flynn, he soon talks them back into his command. After all, Errol Flynn!*

The point is, we've had a Captain for nigh on 20 years now. Good years. New Stadium. New Facilities. New Conference. Big flow of money. On TV every week. We're somewhat spoiled, considering. It's been a long, strange, and very hard trip. Kicking the man who basically brought us to such a Promised Land over the side is... difficult.

As it should be.

*If you haven't watched Captain Blood, do so. It's camp, corny, and utterly wonderful! It started Errol Flynn's career and starred a host of others who would become stars in Olivia DeHavilland, Basil Rathbone, and director Michael Curtiz.

Captain Blood is one of my all time favs.

Horny4TCU

Captain Blood is one of my all time favs.
"What do you mean?"

As it should be.

4jqwaz.jpg

wilson912

We are now 0-5 out last 5 home games and 2-7 our last 9 games. Come on... This makes for a bunch of bad weekends in Fort Worth. I'm to the point that I don't know what to suggest to fix this. OU's defense has sucked the last 3-5 years, but TCU always finds a way to make them look like world beaters. They have averaged giving up 40 points a game. We only score 14. TCU defense was just as bad.

I’d consider Fickell too but not before seeing if there’s any way either of Klieman or Campbell would take the job assuming we absorb the buyout.