• The KillerFrogs

Jaquaze Sorrells

Chongo94

Curious what exactly made him ineligible and what he did while not going to school this semester to address that. Or was he taking classes somewhere?

Same here. My initial reaction was, if he wasn’t able to qualify for South Carolina, how will he be able to qualify here?

Obviously I know nothing of whether he has been attending classes somewhere in the meantime. Hope he’s able to though as it sounds like he would be a HUGE get.

Eight

Lots of comments on the SC 247 site speculating about how he won't be eligible for TCU in spring, either. Assuming sour grapes, who knows.

frogs have rolled the dice before on kids who were talented, but academic risks.

some got in and did well, others never made it to campus. only thing they can do is keep trying and if he gets on campus in january great and if not, just keep looking

Froggish

Everyone seems resigned to the fact Ross won't be back, but I'm not sold on that quite yet. man, what a DL if this holds together.
Agreed, I actually think if the season ended today, there’s a good chance Ross comes back..Lot of games left though..Future DL could be SEC looking..Wouldn’t happen but I’m fairly certain that Ross could get an extra year if he wanted. Due to missing last year.

USC fans really throwing shade at TCU..Saying our academic standards must be bad to get Sorrells qualified.

CryptoMiner

Same here. My initial reaction was, if he wasn’t able to qualify for South Carolina, how will he be able to qualify here?

Obviously I know nothing of whether he has been attending classes somewhere in the meantime. Hope he’s able to though as it sounds like he would be a HUGE get.

My understanding he was not in class but was able to get a qualifying score.

He visited FW middle of Oct shortly after.

Froginbedford

Agreed, I actually think if the season ended today, there’s a good chance Ross comes back..Lot of games left though..Future DL could be SEC looking..Wouldn’t happen but I’m fairly certain that Ross could get an extra year if he wanted. Due to missing last year.

USC fans really throwing shade at TCU..Saying our academic standards must be bad to get Sorrells qualified.

This does raise some concern as to why he couldn't qualify at South Carolina...no attendance? failing multiple classes?

Froggish

This does raise some concern as to why he couldn't qualify at South Carolina...no attendance? failing multiple classes?
He never enrolled at USC..Couldn’t qualify and also didn’t enroll in JC...Believe he still would potentially count as 2019 recruit but I’m not certain. Could be he had the grades but not the SAT...Have no idea what’s true...We may not have entered the picture until he actually got a qualified...Who knows..I’m not a member at the “other” insider board,..There may be better info over there..

FrogCop19

I like it. He's got some nasty to him, that's for sure. That one tackle where he literally flips the guy over his back shows a fire we seem to be low on.

Purp

Couple MASSIVE “if”s.
Agreed. I don't see Ross coming back. I know he's had a down year compared to what a lot of us thought he is capable of, but he's still been very productive from the nose and his measurables are going to jump off the pages of scouts' notebooks. He's going to get a top 2 round grade and I don't see him passing that up to return. Would love to be wrong, but consider it highly doubtful.

And truth be told, I think that could be as valuable for recruiting as him returning for a successful senior season could be. Early draft entrants going in the 1st or 2nd round may be the missing piece in recruiting 5 star kids.