• The KillerFrogs

Jamie Backers - What Would it Take for Jamie to be on your "hot seat"?

Fiscuits

I referenced "Doctor" because you have shown aggressive, passive, depressive, happy, sad, angry responses, depending on who your replying too. Your angry with your assertion of J.D. then respond to me saying you have moved on. "Your happy now, today, but wait until we lose" That is a strange way to be a positive fan of anything. Which is it? You need a Psychological Doctor.
Gracious, first Jared7 and now you. It is "You're" angry with "your" assertion.... I digress...

Please do not forget about calm, distraught, afraid, courageous, bored, confused, empathetic and joyous.

I do find it odd that any un popular opinion, about almost anything TCU related is labeled as "angry". Or that one is, "mad". It happens often (the label). Is it a necessity to be "mad" or "angry" to want change? Have to ask my Doc.

In any case, I am "optimistic", in that I am looking forward to a new future for TCU basketball.

Putt4Purple

Gracious, first Jared7 and now you. It is "You're" angry with "your" assertion.... I digress...

Please do not forget about calm, distraught, afraid, courageous, bored, confused, empathetic and joyous.

I do find it odd that any un popular opinion, about almost anything TCU related is labeled as "angry". Or that one is, "mad". It happens often (the label). Is it a necessity to be "mad" or "angry" to want change? Have to ask my Doc.

In any case, I am "optimistic", in that I am looking forward to a new future for TCU basketball.
You made my case for me about you with this response.
Thanks! Go Frogs

Eight

Apparently everywhere…..

so fiscuits is actually scott gleeson and his goal in life was to be read by 100's of people staying at holiday inn expresses while they eat crappy breakfast buffets and take their morning [ Finebaum ]s

Fiscuits

so fiscuits is actually scott gleeson and his goal in life was to be read by 100's of people staying at holiday inn expresses while they eat crappy breakfast buffets and take their morning [ #2020 ]s
HDE cinnamon rolls are not to be under estimated. Just sayin”.

Based on the money JD gets…should contend for conference championships every year. At this point, I’d take contending for just one.

Dr.HFroog

We went once with Killingsworth in the 80's (loss to Notre Dame), twice with Tubbs (K Thomas and Lee Nailon years) and if we make it this year, three times with Jamie. So five times that I can recall.

So again, if just participating in the tourney and making a quick exit is the "goal"....it make senses that our fan base seems satisfied with that.
Participating. Not being in the mix or "really" competing for Championships...just making a nice showing of it, but being overall pretty mediocre.
As I recall TCU NCAA Tournament history, the Frogs played in 8 prior tournaments. Three under Buster Brannon (who I like to say recruited me, a non-athlete, to go to TCU while having drinks with my dad while I had a coke in a Wichita bar during the 1968 NCAA Tournament,) 1952, 1953, and 1959. Johnny Swaim took the Frogs to 2 NCAA's and brought us the first elite 8 appearance by beating K State before losing to Houston in 1968 at that Wichita regional. Then in 71 we played Notre Dame in Houston where we lost to Austin Carr and the Irish coached by Digger Phelps with the assistance of some questionable (and that is being kind officiating by a Big 10 referee whose name escapes me!). Jim Killingsworth's 87 Frog team played in Charlotte NC beating Marshall in the first round before once again being defeated by Bad Officiating and a highly questionable blocking foul called on Jamie Dixon putting David Rivers at the line in the waining seconds who made 2 Free throws to beat TCU by 1 58-57. (Navy's David Robinson was also playing at that site but Navy did not play TCU there. Billy Tubbs took the Frogs to the NCAA tournament only to lose the opening game of 1998 to Florida State. And most recently Dixon's 2018 squad lost in the first round to Jim Boeheim's Syracuse Redmen.
So Buster Brannon has had 3, Johnny Swain 2, Jim Killingsworth 1, Billy Tubbs 1, and Jamie Dixon 1 - this year will make it 2 for Dixon!

Putt4Purple

Possibly a comma here is needed. Or, you might drop the needless,"for me". Either way, perhaps there remained uncertainty about who was making the case or about whom it was made.

Possibly a comma here is needed. Or, you might drop the needless,"for me". Either way, perhaps there remained uncertainty about who was making the case or about whom it was made.
The person whom it was intended knew who it was to. Thanks for the English lesson.

SuperTFrog

If Fiscuits was a Baylor fan (which might be the case), then he would have been calling for Scott Drew’s head after six seasons. They had a losing conference record in five of six seasons and only went to the tournament once (and lost in the first round).

He has the expectations and patience of a three year old. I want EVERYTHING and I want it NOW. Sports are hard. Celebrate the success we have instead of constantly focusing on what we don’t have. This year has been magical and we have had monster wins, but all he cares about are the ones we didn’t win. That is no way to live life. I can only imagine what it would be like to be married to someone who is never satisfied and always wants more.

I would love to hear a more detailed answer about his career. I assume with this view in life he is in a position of power and a major corporation that has been successful for decades under his leadership.

Dutch

T C U Froooogs
either are you evidently - since you first stated this year would have been Dixon's third NCAA appearance and then listed the years showing we have only made it once since he arrived as our coach....

Again - I love people who passionately tell others they are idiots and then have their facts wrong...

or are you trying to count his time as a player in his accomplishments as a coach to skew your argument?
FYI I was counting this year too. This was obvious to everyone except you. 87. 18. 22. In 87 he was a key player. What do the 3 years have in common?