• The KillerFrogs

Jaime Needs to Talk/Listen to Gary

Hell Sent Frog

When it comes to recruiting and the failures. It's not the guys you wanted but don't get that come to hurt you, it's the guys you do get that don't meet expectations and then you have them for four years.
We have too many players on the men's basketball team that should have never received a scholarship to TCU.

MadFrog

The only keeper might be Miles, but he is beginning to be RJ # 2 - multiple bad and stupid turnovers, missed easy FGs, missed FTs, etc. When you have kids like RJ, who TWICE yesterday stood back without trying to block it, and let a KSU player make a layup, you know the coach has lost his team. On one RJ even blocked out for the guy. At least JD pulled him for good after the second time. This team was not only bad, it was very irritating to watch.

wilson912

An experienced, passing PG could improve the situation quite a bit. We consistently failed to get the ball inside-i know Kevin has bad hands but ya still have to try. Miles is certainly a keeper, c’mon! I want RJ back but only as a wing, ball should not go through him.

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
The only keeper might be Miles, but he is beginning to be RJ # 2 - multiple bad and stupid turnovers, missed easy FGs, missed FTs, etc. When you have kids like RJ, who TWICE yesterday stood back without trying to block it, and let a KSU player make a layup, you know the coach has lost his team. On one RJ even blocked out for the guy. At least JD pulled him for good after the second time. This team was not only bad, it was very irritating to watch.
There are more keepers than that. They just have to be given constructive things to do in a functional offense. Miles is clearly trying to put the offense on his back many times, but it's too heavy to lift on his own with its listless movement, mistakes in physical coordination, and bad spacing.

East Coast

Tier 1
There are more keepers than that. They just have to be given constructive things to do in a functional offense. Miles is clearly trying to put the offense on his back many times, but it's too heavy to lift on his own with its listless movement, mistakes in physical coordination, and bad spacing.
Pretty much agree with this. My take on the roster

Tier 1 - guy we really need to stay:
Miles

Tier 2 - I think it would be good if 3 of these came back, and I'm ok with all 4
RJ - just hopefully not at point
Samuel - a decent center, he seemed to wear down and get softer as the year went on
Ledee - showed improvement and consistent energy all year
O'Bannon - improved during the year, not sure we are using him effectively

Tier 3 - Have some value but if they decide to leave, OK
Fuller - can be effective in short spurts, maybe he could focus better coming off the bench
Todd - a less athletic version of Fuller with a little better basketball IQ
Farabello - mystery calf injury, can play a role as a versatile backup guard

Tier 4 - Other
Easley - I thought he would be better, he seemed to be coming around mid-season, then regressed again. If he can figure it out I'd be fine with him coming back
Pearson - could never seem to find a place, might be happier at a lower level Div 1 program
Lampkin - I didn't see enough of him, with the new recruit coming in, not sure we need 3 centers if Samuel stays
Frank - I didn't see enough of him either, unknown

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
Pretty much agree with this. My take on the roster

Tier 1 - guy we really need to stay:
Miles

Tier 2 - I think it would be good if 3 of these came back, and I'm ok with all 4
RJ - just hopefully not at point
Samuel - a decent center, he seemed to wear down and get softer as the year went on
Ledee - showed improvement and consistent energy all year
O'Bannon - improved during the year, not sure we are using him effectively

Tier 3 - Have some value but if they decide to leave, OK
Fuller - can be effective in short spurts, maybe he could focus better coming off the bench
Todd - a less athletic version of Fuller with a little better basketball IQ
Farabello - mystery calf injury, can play a role as a versatile backup guard

Tier 4 - Other
Easley - I thought he would be better, he seemed to be coming around mid-season, then regressed again. If he can figure it out I'd be fine with him coming back
Pearson - could never seem to find a place, might be happier at a lower level Div 1 program
Lampkin - I didn't see enough of him, with the new recruit coming in, not sure we need 3 centers if Samuel stays
Frank - I didn't see enough of him either, unknown
Moatly agree but I want Lampkin to stay. I want to see what he can do with additional conditioning and extra coaching. As well as more minutes. His energy level is a huge plus.

Edit - I'd like to see Frank stay too. Let's see if we can find good roles for him in a new offense.

Just personally, I'd put OBannon on 3rd tier and PJ on 2nd

Eight

Personally I’d prefer that some of them learn to shoot the basketball. It ain’t all on the system although that’s an issue for sure. They miss too many open looks as well.

bingo, consider for example rj who has been in the program for 4 years.

during that time he went from effectively an undersized high school inside player to an athletic wing who can be effective going to the basket and streaky from the outside

this year he finished the season with his highest field goal percentage ever at tcu, just a tick over 40% which would rank him i believe 308th in division 1 field goal percentage

miles was 42% from the field, o'bannon just over 40%, todd just over 40%, easley just under 40%, and fuller 38%

in an offense that is dependent upon perimeter players to create offense the frogs roster (sans samuel and ledee) shot just under 41% from the field this year

additionally, as much as espn, tcu's sid, and some experience metric wants to say this was not a young roster

rj and o'bannon are in the 4th year in college, easley is in his 3rd year in college, fuller, farabello and todd in their 2nd year of college, and the only player who played significant minutes as a true freshman was miles

how much is because of the offense? can't say and right now there isn't a veteran point guard on their way to fix things so unless there is significant change in the offense, some players make significant leaps in their ability they have yet to show in their careers, or there is effective roster change over it sure looks like the naysayers from pittsburgh might be more right than we wanted to hear when dixon came to ft worth

Salfrog

Tier 1
Oh crap, if JD talks to GP for some advise, we're screwed in MBB for the next 20+ years. GP will tell JD to go out and hire all of his good buddies, no matter how bad they are. Plus, don't worry about having an offense because as long as your defense looks good during games, nothing else matters. Do these things and you will have job security for a lifetime here at TCU, and will never have to worry about getting fired.

Limp Lizard

We blamed the underachieving talent at TCU under Iba, too. Then Tubbs took over and that disappointing talent suddenly awoke. A pretty good player under Iba led the nation in scoring and rebounding under Tubbs.

I still think this was a weird year and Dixon should be given another year, but with definite expectations to make the NCAA's, not the NIT.