• The KillerFrogs

Jags Already Fed Up With Urban

One Frog Nation

so winning college coaches, urban meyer/saban/chip kelly, are complete washouts and losing college coaches (kingsbury) do great?
usually the people skills of management are different. with the NIL that may change. kick the kicker in college he will portal you

froginaustin

so winning college coaches, urban meyer/saban/chip kelly, are complete washouts and losing college coaches (kingsbury) do great?
usually the people skills of management are different. with the NIL that may change. kick the kicker in college he will portal you

Jim Shofner, GREAT offensive coordinator in the NFL. Things did not work out so well, record-wise, as a college head coach.

geefrogs

I would think it has more to do with young HCs are having more success in today's NFL.

Also, NFL is a bit more even playing field than college. With a few exceptions.

geefrogs

And now, the Urban Destination Watch commences. "Where, o where will he take his talents?" cries the ESPN Personality as they wring their hands...

new girl fox GIF

Prince of Purpoole II

Reigning Smartarse
Jim Shofner, GREAT offensive coordinator in the NFL. Things did not work out so well, record-wise, as a college head coach.
A great NFL OC and a lovely gentleman. I had the privilege of watching a number of TCU games with Shofner before dementia took its awful toll. To watch football with him was to audit a master class. He was a truly good dude

NewFrogFan

I am one LSU fan that does give Nick Saban credit for realizing quickly that his personality was no match for NFL. I’m not sure why ANY coach in college that is reasonably successful would want to go to the NFL. The recent revelation of NFL funding defund the police groups may have unintended consequences on the numbers of paying fans.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
I am one LSU fan that does give Nick Saban credit for realizing quickly that his personality was no match for NFL. I’m not sure why ANY coach in college that is reasonably successful would want to go to the NFL. The recent revelation of NFL funding defund the police groups may have unintended consequences on the numbers of paying fans.
I don't remember which team Spurrier coached in the NFL, but it didn't last long. He simply wasn't aware of the workload and preparation necessary, and preferred to play a few rounds of golf every week instead...

Wexahu

I don't remember which team Spurrier coached in the NFL, but it didn't last long. He simply wasn't aware of the workload and preparation necessary, and preferred to play a few rounds of golf every week instead...
I think the bigger factor is they no longer have a huge built-in advantage of having rosters stacked with way more talent than 90% of their opponents. Being hugely successful as a college coach is as much about coaching at the right place as it is anywhere else. You have to outcoach guys to win in the NFL, not really so in college. And that reality sucks for some of these guys.

Nick Saban wouldn't be the greatest coach of all time had he stayed at Michigan State. And Urban Meyer wouldn't have the record he has if he coached at South Carolina and Illinois instead of Florida and Ohio State. I know, duh.