• The KillerFrogs

Izzo had a bad night

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Look man, nothing personal going your way either...

But you know what I think is the biggest problem with our political discourse these days? Nobody respects the other side. We used to be able to disagree without disrespect. Both sides of the political aisle are guilty of this. And the term "snowflake" is just another way to throw a bomb of disrespect to (usually) the liberal side.

But if you actually look at it bro, the people who consider themselves quite liberal are often willing to fight very unpopular fights, powering through ridicule and criticism. I don't care if you agree with them or not, it shows fortitude at times. So they're not "snowflakes". They're not scared of anything. And sure, some people cry. Some Republicans cry too - usually when they're caught in a scandal. So there is no real "snowflake" you're targeting, you're just using that term out of disrespect.

That's why I wish people would stop using it. And I feel the same way about unjustly calling people other names too, like "facists", "gun nuts", or "pinko commies".

For the record - and you know this because I know you personally - I am a Centrist, half libertarian. I am not a liberal. But what I attempt to do when I discuss politics is try to respect the other side, even if I think their opinion is bad, or God forbid, perceived as unmanly (another reason people throw around the SF word).

So my old friend, I think you were dead wrong when you say that when it pisses people off, that means it's being used correctly. I'm not the group you're trying to insult, and to me it makes YOU sound stupid and incapable of open minded discourse. I also think that it makes you sound afraid of people who do not lean conservative. After all, when we minimize the other side with MOSTLY name calling, aren't we really just expressing a distrust or a fear? Like any bully...

If we respected them but simply didn't take their view seriously, we'd just debate them on the facts. Like how we'd handle a flat earther or LHCGMFP-greatness-denier.

Just my humble opinion.
Well said. Except the flat earth part. Only snowflakes believe in a round earth, you fascist.