• The KillerFrogs

I've got to respectfully disagree with the mods

Status
Not open for further replies.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
QUOTE(steelfrog @ Oct 4 2007, 01:53 PM) [snapback]55852[/snapback]
I hate this board and nearly everyone on it. Can't stand the mods and administrators. But this is the correct call here Wes. This stuff about "They do receive compensation, so we can bag on them." is horse hockey. I was on the football and track teams, but was an academic scholarship student. Does that put me in a differentr category? For that matter, I believe 80% of the studentsa on campus receive some sort of scholly, of one size or another. Does that mean they are subject to being called out on their personal lives and decisions? Absurd. THE PLAYER's personal life is spilling over into football. The personal life is exewmpt from our discussion, IMO. Talk about his football, or not at all. Since he ain't playing, I say not at all is fine.

BTW, in case you were unaware, there are about 100 other players on the team as well, you know. I think this focus on one player by the press, etc. is one of our problems this year.

Me goe two kollege. Play sprots. Know spel sew gud. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Boston Frog (in Paris)

Still on the ledge
QUOTE(steelfrog @ Oct 4 2007, 02:53 PM) [snapback]55852[/snapback]
This stuff about "They do receive compensation, so we can bag on them." is horse hockey.

Nobody said we could bag on them. You're just making that up. The vast majority of posters on here don't want to bag on anybody.

For that matter, I believe 80% of the studentsa on campus receive some sort of scholly, of one size or another. Does that mean they are subject to being called out on their personal lives and decisions?

Nobody's suggesting that we should "call out" anybody's personal life or decisions, whatever that means. (Although I will remind you that when a former player was arrested this summer, we were all ready lock him up before his case even went to trial. Nobody mentioned calling out a player's personal life or decisions then.) The students not on academic scholarship don't do what they do on TV in front of millions (OK, hundreds, on CSTV) of fans every weekend with names on their jerseys and reporters in the press box. Most of them aren't on a full scholarship with room and board, either. And they surely don't have the same impact on TCU's public image that football players do. That's just reality.

Talk about his football, or not at all. Since he ain't playing, I say not at all is fine.

Oh, because the absence of a top player has no impact on the team, right? And it's clearly not a distraction in any way... Talking about a player's--any player's--impact on the team isn't the same as calling out his personal life or decisions. Most of us here are mature enough to understand that. Most of us, not all...that's why we have mods.

I think this focus on one player by the press, etc. is one of our problems this year.

Well, fans, players and coaches had better get used to it if we want to continue to bring in top recruits. Great players draw attention--imagine that.

By the way, I know that you're trying to be the biggest [ Arschloch] on the board now, but just remember that I've held that title for a long, long time and don't intend to give it up easily.

HFrog1999

QUOTE(Boston Frog @ Oct 4 2007, 02:34 PM) [snapback]55883[/snapback]
By the way, I know that you're trying to be the biggest [ Arschloch] on the board now, but just remember that I've held that title for a long, long time and don't intend to give it up easily.

geek_fight.jpg

pcf

QUOTE(Boston Frog @ Oct 4 2007, 02:34 PM) [snapback]55883[/snapback]

You are more of a Midlothian Woody Allen. Steel is pure hole. Totally different categories.

HFrog1999

QUOTE(pcf @ Oct 4 2007, 02:40 PM) [snapback]55887[/snapback]
You are more of a Midlothian Woody Allen. Steel is pure hole. Totally different categories.
He's a MidlothianHole.

Frog DJ

I agree with Wes. It's time to move on! If said player returns...great! If not, pray for him, and let it go. He has to do what's right for him, and he doesn't owe us anything. I'll continue to lift him up and support him, no matter what his decision is. Go Frogs! Beat the Cowboys!

steelfrog

Tier 1
Actually, I've been trying to do the opposite lately. I stopped attacking Frognosticator, although he's as deserving as ever. I stopped talking about [ Finebaum ]s and started talking about boobs. And I added an avatar that has Jennifer's naked bottom on it. I'm working my way up to kf.c HoF status.

QUOTE(HFrog1999 @ Oct 4 2007, 03:41 PM) [snapback]55889[/snapback]
He's a MidlothianHole.

That's redundant ...

Sorry, Boston ... it was belt-high ...

pcf

QUOTE(steelfrog @ Oct 4 2007, 02:42 PM) [snapback]55892[/snapback]
Actually, I've been trying to do the opposite lately. I stopped attacking Frognosticator, although he's as deserving as ever. I stopped talking about [ Finebaum ]s and started talking about boobs. And I added an avatar that has Jennifer's naked bottom on it. I'm working my way up to kf.c HoF status.

I thought it was a Garth Brooks as Chris Gaines type deal, but I guess it is more of a Conway Twitty goes pure country deal. Good luck!

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
QUOTE(steelfrog @ Oct 4 2007, 02:42 PM) [snapback]55892[/snapback]
I'm working my way up to kf.c HoF status.

Good luck with that. As a member of the KFC HoF who will be nominating future candidates, don't get your hopes up. You should probably just go back to being the jerk you usually are.

QUOTE(wes @ Oct 4 2007, 01:12 PM) [snapback]55809[/snapback]
The person in question apparently reads this board and all of the talk isnt making things better.

Do you think Mike Shultz reads this board? If so, do you think we might actually have an impact on cutting down short-side option and passing plays to the endzone with 1 minute left in field goal range and a tie ball game?

I doubt he reads this though, because he has yet to tenure his resignation

HFrog1999

QUOTE(SaxTCU @ Oct 4 2007, 02:51 PM) [snapback]55900[/snapback]
I happen to know that Schultz reads this board. I also happen to know that the only reason he ever calls the short side option, is because on the ride back home from games, he and Bumpas play a drinking game where they take a swig ever time "short side option" is mentioned on the board.

pcf

QUOTE(TopFrog @ Oct 4 2007, 02:50 PM) [snapback]55899[/snapback]
Good luck with that. As a member of the KFC HoF who will be nominating future candidates, don't get your hopes up. You should probably just go back to being the jerk you usually are.

But he so badly wants a Lavender jacket and a bust sculpted in playdough upon his induction...

Trelvis

QUOTE(wes @ Oct 4 2007, 06:12 PM) [snapback]55809[/snapback]
The person in question apparently reads this board and all of the talk isnt making things better.

I dont know the player, and I hope he works everything out and manages to graduate and move on, but its going to be a hard life if you cant take what you read on a message board. Its the internet......

Boston Frog (in Paris)

Still on the ledge
QUOTE(pcf @ Oct 4 2007, 03:40 PM) [snapback]55887[/snapback]
You are more of a Midlothian Woody Allen.

Good thing I haven't adopted any 13-year-old girls. :ph34r:

steelfrog

Tier 1
QUOTE(TopFrog @ Oct 4 2007, 07:50 PM) [snapback]55899[/snapback]

You charmer you. Quite a way with words you have. I showed your post to my spouse, who abruptly burst into tears. It reminded her of the ramblings of her late uncle (who raised her from age 11-17); he was in motorcycle accident and got a pipe through the brain--lost about a cup of brain matter. Ultimately had to have a transplant. Was never the same.

weklfrog

QUOTE(steelfrog @ Oct 4 2007, 02:19 PM) [snapback]55925[/snapback]
You charmer you. Quite a way with words you have. I showed your post to my spouse, who abruptly burst into tears. It reminded her of the ramblings of her late uncle (who raised her from age 11-17); he was in motorcycle accident and got a pipe through the brain--lost about a cup of brain matter. Ultimately had to have a transplant. Was never the same.

Were you the donor?

Man, I don't agree with this at all. I get back from lunch expecting some serious TD Fakes talk and the whole damn thread was deleted. Screw the TB talk...its worn out, we all wish him the best, let's get on with our lives...but dangit, I want some TD Fakes talk!!!

We can say [ Arschloch]? :eek:hmy:

Coach Pattersons Dog

QUOTE(SaxTCU @ Oct 4 2007, 02:51 PM) [snapback]55900[/snapback]

How does one 'tenure' a resignation? Does this mean academic professionals who teach at TCU are seeking 'tender'? Hmmmmm....

Status
Not open for further replies.