• The KillerFrogs

It's Official! The Rangers Suck!

QUOTE(Frogs1983 @ Apr 11 2010, 09:38 AM) [snapback]543109[/snapback]
Washington will be gone by first part of June if the Rangers are 500 or under by end of May. He is on a very short leash IMO. As far as the comments about Michael Young :wacko: Check his stats at the end of the year,not after 5-6 games.He earns his salary every year.

It's his annual bit to try to prove that Michael Young is the worst player ever and that Biggio was Baseball Jesus. I think Biggio wore a onesie once and Steel has been in lust ever since.

QUOTE(TopFrog @ Apr 10 2010, 08:22 PM) [snapback]542988[/snapback]
Need to move Feliz to closer and Frankie to set up for now, see how that works. Can't blow a 2-run lead in a King Felix game. Two blown saves already. Frankie's walk off the mound had his head way down, a long, slow, sad walk to the dugout to lots of boos. Ugh.

Brother and I went to the game after the P-W game.

Bats coming alive today. Vlad with two more hits. Scooter Feldman is looking sharp. Once we get the closer situation nailed down we'll be rolling. If they hang on to win today they SHOULD be 5-1. You CANNOT give away games this time of year. You can't win a division this early but you sure can lose it. A sweep would have put Sea on the path to losing it.

y2kFrog

QUOTE(PhormerPhrog @ Apr 11 2010, 12:35 PM) [snapback]543264[/snapback]
Bats coming alive today. Vlad with two more hits. Scooter Feldman is looking sharp. Once we get the closer situation nailed down we'll be rolling. If they hang on to win today they SHOULD be 5-1. You CANNOT give away games this time of year. You can't win a division this early but you sure can lose it. A sweep would have put Sea on the path to losing it.

Neftali will get his shot. He's never seemed intimidated, and I think he is going to be fine. I think Francisco will be good setting up once he gets settled. I really like the starting pitching, and the offense looks decent enough. Hoping for an exciting summer at the Ballpark.

steelfrog

Tier 1
Pig Pen is 5th all-time in doubles, 3,000 hits, several gold gloves back during Rhino's era, nearly 300 homers, top 10-12 all-time in runs scores. No hint of steroids. Oh, and all-time #1 in HBP. All for one team. Ya, first balloter you bet.

Little Mikey Young? Not so much.

Case Closed.

Next!

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
QUOTE(y2kFrog @ Apr 11 2010, 06:35 PM) [snapback]543311[/snapback]
Neftali will get his shot. He's never seemed intimidated, and I think he is going to be fine. I think Francisco will be good setting up once he gets settled. I really like the starting pitching, and the offense looks decent enough. Hoping for an exciting summer at the Ballpark.

Forgot we had Chris Ray. If he shows progress he is also an option to close.

OmniscienceFrog

QUOTE(steelfrog @ Apr 11 2010, 06:48 PM) [snapback]543316[/snapback]
Pig Pen is 5th all-time in doubles, 3,000 hits, several gold gloves back during Rhino's era, nearly 300 homers, top 10-12 all-time in runs scores. No hint of steroids. Oh, and all-time #1 in HBP. All for one team. Ya, first balloter you bet.

All the result of playing for 20 years. 300 homers in 20 years? Wow! #1 in HBP? Now there's a HOF stat for you. No hint of steroids? That's good, and only one DUI.

Never make it in his first year eligible.

Case Closed.

Next!

Portland Frog

QUOTE(y2kFrog @ Apr 11 2010, 11:35 PM) [snapback]543311[/snapback]

When will Hamilton get back to his 2008 self?

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
QUOTE(Portland Frog @ Apr 11 2010, 08:35 PM) [snapback]543345[/snapback]
When will Hamilton get back to his 2008 self?

Did you see yesterday's game? In fact, the way he is swinging the bat so far this year?

FROGDADDY

Little Mikey Young? Not so much.

Case Closed.

Next!

Rhino's era? I'm not sure what's worse, the fact that you think his nickname was "Rhino" or that you consider the years that Biggio won Gold Gloves to be during his "era". Sandberg actually retired (for the first time) in 1994 when Biggio won his first gold glove. He didn't play in 1995 when Biggio won his second. He returned in in 1996 and 1997 when Biggio won his other gold gloves. Worth noting he was pushing 40 at the time and not exactly a prime Gold Glove candidate.

Frogs On A Plane

Ticket Exchange Pass
QUOTE(TopFrog @ Apr 12 2010, 07:05 AM) [snapback]543420[/snapback]
Did you see yesterday's game? In fact, the way he is swinging the bat so far this year?

The first 3 games he looked AWFUL. Seemed like he swung at the first pitch every AB but one. The only person that can get away with that is Vlad as he has been doing it his whole career. I don't think Vlad has ever struck out more than 100 times in a year. He just looked lost at the plate and I think pitchers have figured out that he can't handle anything that is offspeed and low. Throw one close, but out of the the zone on the first pitch... throw him some low offspeed on 0-1, and all of a sudden he is down in the count every AB.

However, the last few games he has looked like a completely different hitter. He is taking a lot more pitches and hitting the ball to all parts of the field. Think he has had 4 walks over the last two games and had a couple of doubles yesterday as well.

The Rangers hitting will be fine but it does make me wonder if they are missing Rudy. The BA with RISP can't get much worse than it is right now and the rangers are still at .500 with the best starting rotation ERA in the majors...

nayr150

QUOTE(Frogs On A Plane @ Apr 12 2010, 08:15 AM) [snapback]543434[/snapback]
The Rangers hitting will be fine but it does make me wonder if they are missing Rudy.

I don't know. Rudy did a lot of great things for the Rangers, but all their hitting with Rudy seemed to be about gaudy power numbers and not so much about doing the little things. I'm not so sure Hamilton makes the adjustments you pointed out if Rudy is still here, just my opinion. Rudy was here all last year and the offense never made the adjustments they needed to; the first year in a long time (maybe ever) that we got decent pitching too (by Rangers' standards).

Case in point, I've always wondered why Chris Davis had to go to AAA to get his hitting corrected last year. If Rudy was such a good coach, why couldn't Chris get it fixed with the Rangers. Now, maybe Rudy gave instruction to him from Arlington while Chris was in OKC, but I don't know.

Anyway, lets hope yesterday's offensive surge is a better sign of things to come.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
QUOTE(Frogs On A Plane @ Apr 12 2010, 08:15 AM) [snapback]543434[/snapback]
The Rangers hitting will be fine but it does make me wonder if they are missing Rudy. The BA with RISP can't get much worse than it is right now and the rangers are still at .500 with the best starting rotation ERA in the majors...

Interesting stat tossed out yesterday ... the Angels last year scored 100 more runs than the Rangers with 50 fewer HRs. (Believe I heard that right. I was in and out of a snooze.)

PurpleBlood87

QUOTE(FROGDADDY @ Apr 12 2010, 07:33 AM) [snapback]543428[/snapback]
Rhino's era? I'm not sure what's worse, the fact that you think his nickname was "Rhino" or that you consider the years that Biggio won Gold Gloves to be during his "era". Sandberg actually retired (for the first time) in 1994 when Biggio won his first gold glove. He didn't play in 1995 when Biggio won his second. He returned in in 1996 and 1997 when Biggio won his other gold gloves. Worth noting he was pushing 40 at the time and not exactly a prime Gold Glove candidate.

Biggio couldn't carry Ryne Sandberg's jock.

y2kFrog

QUOTE(TopFrog @ Apr 12 2010, 06:00 AM) [snapback]543451[/snapback]
Interesting stat tossed out yesterday ... the Angels last year scored 100 more runs than the Rangers with 50 fewer HRs. (Believe I heard that right. I was in and out of a snooze.)

Rangers win, now 4-3. Feliz with the save, and Francisco is now 2-2 7 games into the season. :tongue:

OmniscienceFrog

several gold gloves back during Rhino's era

For the umpteenth time, stick to rasslin'.

He was called Ryno, not an African animal.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
QUOTE(y2kFrog @ Apr 12 2010, 05:29 PM) [snapback]543852[/snapback]
Rangers win, now 4-3. Feliz with the save, and Francisco is now 2-2 7 games into the season. :tongue:

Would be nice to be 6-1 ...

MO Frogs

Ok you may have already mentioned this (i didnt read the whole thread) but how long do you give it before Clint Hurdle takes over as skipper??

I say before the year is out if they are doing bad. RW makes it till seasons end if Rangers make the playoffs!