• The KillerFrogs

It's official: Big 10 to postpone, attempt to restart in spring

LisaLT

This gets more and more comical everyday. I do find it interesting that Trump is only concerned about the Big-10 resuming football, but not the Pac-12.

Is USC, Oregon, UCLA and the rest of the Pac-12 not worthy of a phone call to the Pac-12 commissioner? Seems a bit hypocritical and politically motivated to me.

CountryFrog

This gets more and more comical everyday. I do find it interesting that Trump is only concerned about the Big-10 resuming football, but not the Pac-12.

Is USC, Oregon, UCLA and the rest of the Pac-12 not worthy of a phone call to the Pac-12 commissioner? Seems a bit hypocritical and politically motivated to me.
A politician doing something out of political motivations and not total altruism? Unthinkable!

Eight

not many swing states in the pac.

seriously does anyone see cali, oregon, or washington going for trump?

now ohio, wisconsin, penn....they could be in play again

Frog-in-law1995

Are USC, Oregon and UCLA fans even complaining?

Moose Stuff

It's because from day 1 Big 10 coaches, players, parents, and fans banded together and raised hell. Nobody in the Pac 12 seems to give even the tiniest [ Finebaum ] if they play or not.

BABYFACE

Tyler, Aledo started school almost two weeks ago. 1/2 go to school 2 days a week, the other half go the other two days. Then all do 3 days of live online class. So, why has FWISD delayed. Just playing your game.

Seems like just a waste of someone’s time to completely wrap themselves in politics. Seems like a miserable existence.

Mean Purple

Tyler, Aledo started school almost two weeks ago. 1/2 go to school 2 days a week, the other half go the other two days. Then all do 3 days of live online class. So, why has FWISD delayed. Just playing your game.

Seems like just a waste of someone’s time to completely wrap themselves in politics. Seems like a miserable existence.
Until you realize how much government impacts your business ... and now, unfortunately these days ... personal life.
It's still a miserable existence, but so are a lot of things you have to endure to survive.

I don't know if the Big 10 Commish was playing politics on this decision to not play. I do think he just flubbed it. He looked at the votes in that room and realized 3 schools would not save his job. And he may have sold himself on thinking that when the Big 10 stepped out, the others would follow. He miscalculated on that one. Which just seems odd. Warren is a smart guy and he has been around the politics of the sports world for a while. Heck, I think he once worked a firm or office with Mike Slive.

I mentioned elsewhere, I think it is a good compromise to wait and start playing about a week after laborday. The idea some have about going after that last holiday spike (which may not be much). At the same time, the fact that a game was played this past Saturday night may have saved the season, due to the momentum now going.

Guessing the Big 10 and PAC thought nobody would ever get to the season.

May have been a better option for the Big 10 to just start the season and respond to what happens. If the season does not keep going due to case concerns, etc., at least they tried. Folks won't gripe so much.

Wexahu

May have been a better option for the Big 10 to just start the season and respond to what happens. If the season does not keep going due to case concerns, etc., at least they tried. Folks won't gripe so much.

You just have to get through the initial media onslaught. Just press forward. The media will move onto something else and then you're in the clear.

How much do you hear these days about daily testing and coronavirus in the NHL, NBA, MLB and high school sports for that matter. When the leagues first started playing, that was a big deal. Now hardly anyone cares, it's back page news at best.

BABYFACE

Mean P, I understand what you are saying, I was shooting down Tyler’s response to my question.

No doubt government affects our lives. I vote. But what I will not do is live or die on the vine for politics. For some here, their whole life revolves around politics. That isn’t healthy. Not for an individual or society as a whole. That’s my point.

Mean Purple

Mean P, I understand what you are saying, I was shooting down Tyler’s response to my question.

No doubt government affects our lives. I vote. But what I will not do is live or die on the vine for politics. For some here, their whole life revolves around politics. That isn’t healthy. Not for an individual or society as a whole. That’s my point.
Oh, yeah, I get our point on that for sure. I've never understood people who are like border line groupies for politicians.
Washington is Hollywood for ugly people.