• The KillerFrogs

It's official: Big 10 to postpone, attempt to restart in spring

Wexahu

And of course the twitter response thinks its because people didn't wear masks.

Never mind that the areas where there is big spread and numbers of deaths are areas controlled by and populated by Democrats. Not that it matters, I'm not blaming it on Democrats, the virus is going to do what it does, but blaming it on Republicans is beyond stupid.

jake102

I guess there's a greater than zero percent chance they play football in the spring, but it's about as close to zero as you can get.

tenor.gif

Attachments

• upload_2020-8-11_14-36-45.gif
    upload_2020-8-11_14-36-45.gif
    1,015.8 KB · Views: 4
It's surprising from one standpoint: They were ESPN's bellcow. I guess the deal is to spread College Football content in the Spring as well as the Fall.
Imagine being a content company with a duty to its shareholders to make money from your content and then allowing most of your on air talent to demand that the content providers provide no content.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
I'm not sure what that has to do with spring football. I'm more focused on the idea of playing 8-12 games in the spring, taking a couple months off, and then firing up another 12-14 games in the fall. 20-26 games in under a year seems WAY unlikely.
8-11-20 "It's all about player safety."

(Insert Moose's argument)

2-10-21 "The players are young and resilient. Plus, they want to play. So, we made the decision based on their desire to go out and play football, regardless of the dangers involved."

Wexahu

Yea, that's gonna be way more dangerous for a 19 year old kid than COVID most likely.

Way more dangerous, but probably way more acceptable too. This isn't about player safety. Duh. It's about liability and media backlash. Everyone is afraid of the onslaught from the social media brigade should even the slightest thing go wrong.

After November that goes away. I've said it before, but if this happened 100 years ago, I'm not sure anyone would even know anything different is going on at all.