1. The KillerFrogs

It's Monday

Discussion in 'The Bar' started by Mean Purple, Sep 14, 2020.

1. Anybody try any new brews, cocktails, illegal corn whiskey over the weekend.

I will say that the Ole Smoky moonshine peaches made for a great breakfast treat on Saturday. A friend brought me some of their canned Blackberry Lemonade. Good stuff.

netty2424, Opintel and Salfrog like this.
  2. Recently I bought a bottle of Mexican Corn Whisky called Abasolo which is a pretty good attempt at a traditional corn mash. You can tell they distill it like it’s Tequila due to the cuts made in the process, so the nose and taste are wildly different. However, it’s a pretty darn good whisky and around $30 a bottle.

I also got my hands on a 2yo expression of Australian Starward Nova Whiskey which was matured in red wine barrels. Easily my favorite new whisky of 2020.

As far as new brews I had a Shiner Wiesse and Easy the other day, not bad, but over the top with the dewberries. But lately I’ve been on a Community IPA kick.

3. I bought a bottle of Glenfiddich Project XX and was going to toast our first victory of 2020. It's not touched yet.

Terrible on many levels. Next weekend. Yes!

4. I want to taste that Project XX.

Go Frogs!

5. Delicious!