• The KillerFrogs

It may be happening folks…. GP

Wexahu

If by “support staff” you mean the bad coaches he hired and refused to let go of and by “kids today do not want to be yelled at” you mean he refused to change with/as required by the times, then you’re 100% correct.
I really think the “he yells at his players” thing is way overblown.

He surrounded himself with assistants he was comfortable with (yes men you might say) but he didn’t trust them to do their jobs, so he’d interfere just enough to where nobody knew what direction they were going. Ultimately I think that’s what brought us to this point.

netty2424

well Mrs Donati - since none of that happen so simply - it begs why is a guy who was hired to keep our big 3 happy still employed when every one of them has quit on him?

He didn't fight for Dixon to stay - he couldn't even convince him to stay and had to force him using contract terms. And since then it has all fallen to crap, which is what always happen when you force someone to stay in a job.

Schloss also quit to go to MSU, then unquit when they pulled his offer, then we did nothing to fix why he quit originally and so he quit again. And even after all of that, several someones had to call our AD to tell him to stop looking for an external candidate - because that was JD's intention - and hire the best man for the job, that was already here.

and now this - where our AD got caught by our 20+ year HC asking friends of his about taking the HC job - there was nothing "upfront" about it until GP found out and called a meeting - then yes, there was an offer to stay on through the end of year - we offered him to stay on the sidelines as "acting HC" but you won't be coaching the team - just a figurehead to finish out your HOF career and ride off into the sunset.

As if anyone with a pulse would have expected GP to say yes to that.

So like I said - he has no business being an AD at a P5 program - and we could have had a secretary just sit in his office and accept resignations and send out pink slips - because that basically all he has done.
Remind us who hired Dixon?

CryptoMiner

Funny - I guess you are one of JD's run around town buddies since you seem to think Dixon stayed because of something JD did beyond forcing the buyout

or that Schloss turned down MSU to stay at TCU by choice because JD is such a great persuader of men

or that Gary didn't call for the meeting after he found out that we have been courting Sonny for two weeks...

play PR guy all you want - too many people actually know the truth of how poorly this went down for it to not eventually come out.
Sonny Dykes:

“I don’t know where some of this stuff comes from. People just kind of write things and assume things. It’s interesting to me that it happens. I guess that’s part of this time of the year.”

flyfishingfrog

I believed most of what you previously posted but the idea that Donati was putting out feelers for Cumbie to come back and replace Gary as HC is beyond insane.

No donor I know would ever get behind that.
Wrong Sonny

The leaks that Feldman reported his story on came from someone inside SMU that knew what was happening

flyfishingfrog

It’s ok, you can say it wasn’t ADJD’s hire. Try it. It’ll set you free!
he was definitely the AD - so that is the track record we have....not sure that helps the argument given how it has been going.

Do we have a former TCU football great with a strong coaching track record looking for a new job? that would be an amazing coincidence if it happened a second time.

Maybe this time we can send LT to close it....

Christcu

it was not just gary. this was scheissed up from the beginning.
those of us on the calls are sick to our stomach. the fact that victor and jd are leading the search is frustrating. neither hired anyone in athletics of significance. jd was gc for leigh prior to tcu for heavens sake. it didn't need to go this way.
tcu pissed off a lot of people today on how this was handled. gary first. i would have left too.
#firedonati

Christcu

People, we've been at this point for quite a few weeks now (actually, a few years) since our product on the field has failed to yield any good results (Cheeze Its Bowl?????). Let's celebrate that we're FINALLY moving forward to see if we can bring back good times with a new staff - and get behind whoever the new coach will be and support the program to the point where we need to be. This going downhill past is finally behind us and we should get excited about the future, not having a pity party for someone who got terminated, or terminated himself, whatever, for not being able to keep this program where it should be, or can be, nationally.
Good luck

Christcu

People, we've been at this point for quite a few weeks now (actually, a few years) since our product on the field has failed to yield any good results (Cheeze Its Bowl?????). Let's celebrate that we're FINALLY moving forward to see if we can bring back good times with a new staff - and get behind whoever the new coach will be and support the program to the point where we need to be. This going downhill past is finally behind us and we should get excited about the future, not having a pity party for someone who got terminated, or terminated himself, whatever, for not being able to keep this program where it should be, or can be, nationally.
Good luck

OmniscienceFrog

A big donor alum that played during the Dixon era

….guessing you were referring to who was sitting in the AD office?
Just so everybody knows, donors are responsible for things when that's convenient to the argument, good or bad. The AD is responsible for things when that's convenient to the argument, good or bad.

Last edited:

ticketfrog123

Just so everybody knows, donors are responsible for things when that's convenient to the argument, good or bad. The AD is responsible for things when that's convenient to the argument, good or bad.
Idk why you’re fighting this guy on everything. You don’t think hiring decision get feelers or approval from the largest donors?

Dude go look at the Arkansas / Jerry Jones & GP story