• The KillerFrogs

It may be happening folks…. GP

cctcu

People, we've been at this point for quite a few weeks now (actually, a few years) since our product on the field has failed to yield any good results (Cheeze Its Bowl?????). Let's celebrate that we're FINALLY moving forward to see if we can bring back good times with a new staff - and get behind whoever the new coach will be and support the program to the point where we need to be. This going downhill past is finally behind us and we should get excited about the future, not having a pity party for someone who got terminated, or terminated himself, whatever, for not being able to keep this program where it should be, or can be, nationally.

Relic

I guess I’d have to know what the reasonable end was to have an opinion on that. Hard for me to imagine something more reasonable than coaching out the rest of the year and being honored at the last game? It’s stunning to me that that isn’t gonna happen. Sad.
If they had planned a big thing for the last game to honor Gary, it might have had a significant impact on game attendance. As it stands now, I imagine Stub Hub tickets will be in the single digits the rest of the year...at least.

PurpleBloodSpitter

Gary being Gary.

They want me out? I'm out then, right now, right now.

Peace.
Absolutely and he had every right to feel that way. He is the reason the football program is what it is. Too though, CDC was a HUGE part. Gary know this too and sees TCU does not have that now. CDC’s departure never gets tied to this but it is undoubtedly a driving factor.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
If they had planned a big thing for the last game to honor Gary, it might have had a significant impact on game attendance. As it stands now, I imagine Stub Hub tickets will be in the single digits the rest of the year...at least.
Indeed. That would have drawn a lot of old Frogs to ACS for one last hurrah.

But, alas...

steelfrog

Tier 1
Part of me is shocked at this news coming out like this and the end being so swift and sudden, but then the other part believes this was GP's choice. I think he must know in his heart he's lost the players, and that means everything to a coach. It's really a heartbreaking end to a storied career at TCU. I'm very sad for GP, who is probably also a bit broken too. I'm not saying the result isn't what needed to happen, and should have happened, but the events leading up to this happening are truly sad. In many ways, he was his own worst enemy.

I certainly hope this is a turning point for the program, and whomever gets the reins next gets us back on course. Onward and upward.

Thank you Gary Patterson for all that you DID accomplish in putting TCU in the national spotlight.
Well said. Except Steel isn't sad but jubilant that there is now the potential for light at the end of what had become a dark, years-long tunnel.

PurpleBloodSpitter

it was not just gary. this was scheissed up from the beginning.
those of us on the calls are sick to our stomach. the fact that victor and jd are leading the search is frustrating. neither hired anyone in athletics of significance. jd was gc for leigh prior to tcu for heavens sake. it didn't need to go this way.
tcu pissed off a lot of people today on how this was handled. gary first. i would have left too.
I hear ya and agree. What could VB and JD done though? Hard situation…

Could not let it go unaddressed

Not right to start a search behind Gary’s back

Tough spot.

They could have handled it much worse. They did the right thing.