• The KillerFrogs

It’s hard to believe.

Purp

Finally we got some movement with MD Anderson

Monday, April 8
Is this going to be a one day eval to establish a treatment plan or will insurance cover more than the one visit so that they can administer the treatments too?

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
great news to hear wes.

if there is anything that can or needs to be done for you while you are here please do not hesitate to reach out and ask wes.
Thank you!!

I breathed a sigh of relief when they called a few minutes ago

I’m hoping my doc doesn’t say let’s do surgery to remove the new stuff before that visit but if she does. I’ll do it. Wouldn’t be crazy about it but if it keeps the toe tag off of me, I reckon it’ll be fine

ShreveFrog

I appreciate that but I want to curl up in the fetal position and scream

I understand. Who wouldn't? You're still a pillar of strength in my eyes. I'm sorry cancer picked you. It could be any of us today. So we all love and support you.

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
I understand. Who wouldn't? You're still a pillar of strength in my eyes. I'm sorry cancer picked you. It could be any of us today. So we all love and support you.
Thank you. It hasn’t been easy but I am being honest when I say that all of you,my wife and daughter have gotten me this far. I could never have done it on my own

maddogDemocrat

I’m just going to reminisce a little so please bear with me. I’m not fishing for comments but do appreciate them.

This is just a look back in time

It was a year ago today that I woke up with a headache that by the afternoon felt like someone was inside my head with a jackhammer.

All day long I kept dropping things, I couldn’t make my right or left hand coordinate with each other. It wasn’t until I struggled to put on socks and then couldn’t tie my shoes, I thought something was wrong. Boy was it.

Thinking that I was having a stroke, I called my doc but after doing a few exercises in front of a mirror, she wasn’t sure about a stroke but advised me to go to the emergency room.

In retrospect, I have no idea how I got there. I remember driving erratically and am amazed that I wasn’t pulled over and issued a DUI.

They found swelling in my brain, transferred me to St Davids in Austin for an MRI and the next morning, ( Wednesday, ) Dr Peterson, laid the news on me. “ You have two tumors in your brain, one is small, the other is the size of a lemon.I’ve identified it as Grade 4 Glioblastoma and I’ll remove them Friday afternoon.”

As soon as he said Glioblastoma,I said oh crap, but it was a stronger word than that.

With my wife in London handling the semester abroad for the university she teaches at and my daughter leaving on her honeymoon the next day ( Thursday), I sent them both a text. “ hey don’t freak out but I’m going to have brain surgery on Friday.”

It didn’t take long for them to call and my wife was on the next plane to Austin. I told my daughter to go on her honeymoon, Ii’ll Be ok.

“Dad are you out of your mind ( probably) “I’m not going to let you go into something like that and not be there with you”

I was never so happy to see them walk through that door to be there with me and I knew that with them, I’d be OK.

Surgery took 2.5 hours and I went home on Sunday.

The truly amazing thing about this surgery was the lack of pain. I fully expected to wake up with a whopper of a headache but it never happened.In fact any pain or discomfort that I did experience was covered with Tylenol.

So what now? I am still waiting on a call back from MDAnderson and its been a week.frustrating and disappointing.

Tomorrow I see my oncologist and on Friday I have the IV port surgically implanted. I assume that next week I start on IV chemo.

Surgery is still an option and I guess we’ll talk more about it tomorrow, unless MD Anderson decides to finally get back to me.

It’s been an interesting year and I know that there is more to come.It isn’t over yet.

One thing that has moved and motivated me are the calls, messages, prayers, BBQ, bourbon, books and kind thoughts sent my way and I am so very grateful to all of you for that. I wish that I could look each and every one of you in the eyes, shake your hand and personally thank you for your kindness and friendship. You have sustained me this past year, and I know that you’ll help keep me going for the next year.

I love all of you and thanks for keeping this Horned Frog going.I couldnt have gone this far without you

Support the Frogs

Wes
U R a wonderful Frog leader