• The KillerFrogs

It’s 5:09am and there’s 14 in the (unofficial) line

tcumaniac

Can’t imagine the bidding would be too crazy for a Lot of 20 3XL Long TCU Warmup Pants from the Liberty Bowl.
Haha.

Have a buddy that showed up at 5:40am and said there were easily 50+ people already there.

I showed up at 6:55am. Finally made it into the sale at 9:45am. Got me the white helmet I wanted, along with a Nike TCU throwback Sunday hat, a rose bowl shadow box, a leather football with the TCU logo on it, and a pair of running shoes. Didn’t see much apparel that was a normal size. Almost everything was either size small or XXXL. Baseball jerseys had a lot of normal sizes, but $100 just felt like too much. Passed on getting a football Jersey too. Just couldn’t foresee doing anything other than tossing it in my closet and rarely looking at it ever again.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Haha.

Have a buddy that showed up at 5:40am and said there were easily 50+ people already there.

I showed up at 6:55am. Finally made it into the sale at 9:45am. Got me the white helmet I wanted, along with a Nike TCU throwback Sunday hat, a rose bowl shadow box, a leather football with the TCU logo on it, and a pair of running shoes. Didn’t see much apparel that was a normal size. Almost everything was either size small or XXXL. Baseball jerseys had a lot of normal sizes, but $100 just felt like too much. Passed on getting a football Jersey too. Just couldn’t foresee doing anything other than tossing it in my closet and rarely looking at it ever again.
I could have written that second paragraph. It’s almost identical to what I bought and my way of thinking about it. I carried a baseball jersey around The whole time and then bailed on it at the register. Shoes seemed like the best deal.

flyfishingfrog

I could have written that second paragraph. It’s almost identical to what I bought and my way of thinking about it. I carried a baseball jersey around The whole time and then bailed on it at the register. Shoes seemed like the best deal.
shoes are always the best deal - but I think they are going to have to re-examine the $100 baseball jersey thing.

I went early and thought about it - but passed and then my son went with his kids and did the same thing as all of us - looked but just felt like $100 for one was too much.

He said they had a lot left still.

Froggish

Interesting that apparently more people show early for the spring sale then a Frog football game. Seems like a real Frog fan would wait to leave the parking after the doors had been open for 30 minutes or so

tcumaniac

Interesting that apparently more people show early for the spring sale then a Frog football game. Seems like a real Frog fan would wait to leave the parking after the doors had been open for 30 minutes or so
I was saying the exact same thing to a friend earlier.

robbroyy

I got there at 10:30 and went inside the sale at 11. There’s cheaper jerseys that are better for fan use in the bookstore so I couldn’t justify that. (That’s the only thing cheaper in the bookstore.)

I got 8 items for $100. Hat, 3 pairs of pants and 4 shirts.

Not sure how much the stuff I would’ve wanted was picked over but It was worth the trip for only spending $100 on that much stuff. It would not have been worth it waiting 3 hours in line.