• The KillerFrogs

Is Zach Evans going to get more carries this year?

Endless Purple

As a freshman, now sophmore, he is still growing in strength. I think it is very important to help him develop without breaking down too fast. I would like to see 15ish carries per game as a starter, then move up to 20 or so the next season (or if having really good numbers, a 2000 yd push). Whether there is medical data on this build up, I have no idea, but old school philosophy maybe. I would like to have seen Barlow stay to get the other parts of the carries, but we are not lacking in options for #2.

ftwfrog

I do wonder if limiting him (and all of our RBs for that matter) just comes from a philosophy of injury prevention. RB's have incredibly short shelf lives and can get used up really quickly if you aren't careful, particularly when they're so young. Lonta Hobbs comes to mind here. There's something to be said for fresh legs and all.

Considering we go full pads and beat the [ Finebaum ] out of each other in practice, I don’t think we worry about injury prevention.

Putt4Purple

As a freshman, now sophmore, he is still growing in strength. I think it is very important to help him develop without breaking down too fast. I would like to see 15ish carries per game as a starter, then move up to 20 or so the next season (or if having really good numbers, a 2000 yd push). Whether there is medical data on this build up, I have no idea, but old school philosophy maybe. I would like to have seen Barlow stay to get the other parts of the carries, but we are not lacking in options for #2.

Have you forgotten about Matthew's and Foster? They and Evans are the reason Barlow is now gone. Just FYI. They are more than capable of unseating Evan's as well.

Eight

I know he has a decent number of highlights at TCU, but look at these high school clips. So many of these are in the state playoffs against elite high school competition.

as a sophomore in a 2nd round playoff game he had 20 touches (runs and catches) for just under 300 total yards and 7 tds

Froggish

Kyle Hicks put together one of the more underrated TCU RB years in 2016. Rushed for 1K+ yards on about 16 rushes PG. He also caught another 3.5 balls and had 1500 yards of total offense. As I recall there were times where he was the only guy offensively that could get anything done. Feel like he doesn’t get enough credit

SuperTFrog

Kyle Hicks put together one of the more underrated TCU RB years in 2016. Rushed for 1K+ yards on about 16 rushes PG. He also caught another 3.5 balls and had 1500 yards of total offense. As I recall there were times where he was the only guy offensively that could get anything done. Feel like he doesn’t get enough credit
I agree. He was so he’s to get down. Seems like he always made the first guy miss.

LoudFrog

Carries will be divided between all RBs. Max was our number one rusher last year and we will continue to run jet sweeps with receivers. Everyone gets touches and everyone stays fresh. Fresh now and fresh for the next level. Not necessarily my desire but the way its going to be. Miller is a beast

Eight

Carries will be divided between all RBs. Max was our number one rusher last year and we will continue to run jet sweeps with receivers. Everyone gets touches and everyone stays fresh. Fresh now and fresh for the next level. Not necessarily my desire but the way its going to be. Miller is a beast

don't think they are worried about keeping the various backs fresh for their lives after college.

do think we will see the rotation which is fine to a point, don't want to see max being the leading rusher as it took a physical toll on him last year and hurt him in the passing game, and not a huge fan of the the fly sweep and quick screens.

tcudoc

don't think they are worried about keeping the various backs fresh for their lives after college.

do think we will see the rotation which is fine to a point, don't want to see max being the leading rusher as it took a physical toll on him last year and hurt him in the passing game, and not a huge fan of the the fly sweep and quick screens.
There will be no after college if they do not get to showcase their talent.

Eight

Very good point. Who was the last TCU RB to have any regular season success in the pros. It's LT right? Has there been anyone else in GP's entire tenure?

which back was an nfl caliber back?

most of the backs during gary's tenure have been a bit smaller and/or a half step slower than the nfl type back.

doesn't mean they weren't very good or effective backs during their time at tcu, but they didn't have something(s) needed to play in the nfl be it size, quickness, speed, health, whatever......

look the list of backs that have played for the frogs since they joined the big 12 and who was a great nfl prospect?

green? anderson looked like he would be until he got hurt, nixon had a bad knee and quit the game, hicks had some health issues, catalon quit for health reasons, sewo was never an instinctive running back, zach is young but is promising and so on...

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Including pounding the living crap out of the Rapists that year. In Waco. At the #CAB game.