• The KillerFrogs

Is this team worth the high dollar club seats?

smufrogger

just wondering - assuming we end up with another mediocre season- or three -if we will start having trouble getting the new premium club seats sold
Maybe it’s a good thing they weren’t ready to ensure next years seats are sold??
All I know if if you look at stub hub you can get great seats to any game below face value for all but the ut game - a credit to uts fans driving demand.

TRF51

I am considering letting my season tickets go. I really enjoy the game more from home. The first 3 games are always difficult with the heat. I struggle to find people to take my other tickets. I think going to 2-3 big games a year is probably the way to go.

To your point, there is no way I would pay that kind of money to watch the product we have put on the field for the last several years.

netty2424

just wondering - assuming we end up with another mediocre season- or three -if we will start having trouble getting the new premium club seats sold
Maybe it’s a good thing they weren’t ready to ensure next years seats are sold??
All I know if if you look at stub hub you can get great seats to any game below face value for all but the ut game - a credit to uts fans driving demand.
Unfortunately they’ll have a lot more than the premium seats go empty if this keeps up.

Wexahu

You can’t justify the cost, but I don’t think people who buy those seats are trying to do that. At least I hope they aren’t. Consider it a donation to the athletic dept that comes with a perk.

If getting the best value and spending as little as possible for the best possible seats is what you’re after, Stubhub is the best option by miles IMO. It is what it is.

Moose Stuff

The answer to this is yes, building the new seats was a good thing. If you aspire to keep up you have to have facilities. Anything less is basically just giving up.

Moose Stuff

Some of y’all persist in the belief that SMU is a rivalry game for the large majority of our 21st C fans and players.

I don’t know anyone who considers it a rivalry game at all. People on here and some local reporters type those words but I’m not sure they believe it either. The game does nothing for me.

asleep003

I am considering letting my season tickets go. I really enjoy the game more from home. The first 3 games are always difficult with the heat. I struggle to find people to take my other tickets. I think going to 2-3 big games a year is probably the way to go.

To your point, there is no way I would pay that kind of money to watch the product we have put on the field for the last several years.

This thread is beginning to sound like a lot of T-Shirt fans.

One Loss … year before last was an 11 win season(AP top 10 team). Wev'e won most all our Bowl games, except 2, this past decade.

asleep003

I don’t know anyone who considers it a rivalry game at all. People on here and some local reporters type those words but I’m not sure they believe it either. The game does nothing for me.
It's not for you and obviously the team … however, it is for the Ponies and therefore the result are proof of that. 65 new players who entered the SMU roster this year. Not the same SMU, but possibly the new Boise St. and we were not prepared for it on any level.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Will still be better attendance than anything SMU does.

SnoSki

Weak sauce, I drove up from Austin where it’s 101
I was there, just giving the chief reason why for the few people I know who didn’t go. The opponent we faced was also a reason I heard.

Spoke to someone today who sold their season tickets because of the poor play last season, the poor home slate outside of UT and Baylor, and the various entanglements that come with having children.