• The KillerFrogs

Is this team better than the 2014 team?

Rifframbahzoo20

2014 was a very good team. We should have been in the playoffs, and I think we could have beat any team, including Ohio State. After that year there was a few time with Boykin when it looked like we might be able to make the playoffs, but we just couldn't get it done. There's not a doubt 2014 was the best team we had in that era.

It's looking like we are a lock this year, assuming we don't get blown out by K State. Do y'all think this team is better than 2014?

Eight

karma-payback.gif

* using the work of others as i have nothing to say on my own​

Planks

2014 was a very good team. We should have been in the playoffs, and I think we could have beat any team, including Ohio State. After that year there was a few time with Boykin when it looked like we might be able to make the playoffs, but we just couldn't get it done. There's not doubt 2014 was the best team we had in that era.

It's looking like we are a lock this year, assuming we don't get blown out by K State. Do y'all think this team is better than 2014?

I think the 2014 team was better. Seemed like a more dominant team from an eye test perspective. The way they played in the Peach Bowl, I don’t think any college team could have beaten them on that day.

With that being said, at some point you are what your record says you are. I’m willing to change my mind based upon results this Saturday.

Wexahu

2014 was a very good team. We should have been in the playoffs, and I think we could have beat any team, including Ohio State. After that year there was a few time with Boykin when it looked like we might be able to make the playoffs, but we just couldn't get it done. There's not doubt 2014 was the best team we had in that era.

I think both are comparable, although different types of teams.

I think there is a little bit of nostalgia with that '14 team because of the Peach Bowl that makes people think we just couldn't be stopped and other than one game, nobody could move the ball on our defense. They were more fly by the seat of your pants, high-speed, hurry up....it always felt like we were going 90 miles an hour and a little out of control to me. That team turned the ball over more and caused way more turnovers (40!) than this year's team (18).

This year's team is just more solid and fundamentally sound IMO, especially on offense. More like the Rose Bowl team.

finafrog

I think both are comparable, although different types of teams.

I think there is a little bit of nostalgia with that '14 team because of the Peach Bowl that makes people think we just couldn't be stopped and other than one game, nobody could move the ball on our defense. They were more fly by the seat of your pants, high-speed, hurry up....it always felt like we were going 90 miles an hour and a little out of control to me. That team turned the ball over more and caused way more turnovers (40!) than this year's team (18).

This year's team is just more solid and fundamentally sound IMO, especially on offense. More like the Rose Bowl team.
The Peach Bowl dominance has such a halo effect. Most people probably don't realize we actually committed 4 turnovers (3 interceptions). Duggan has had 3 all season.