• The KillerFrogs

Is TCU about to expel a female student?

Horny4TCU

Apart from the name of the African American gentlemen in Mark Twain's Adventures of Huckleberry Finn.... what's racist, or "Colonial", in the books we read?

Sorry but last time I checked, Crime and Punishment, the Count of Monte Cristo, Tale of Two Cities didn't really have anything racist in it.

Then children's books being diversified... sorry but the Places You'll Go, The Giving Tree, and Bernstein Bears didn't have the main characters running around exploiting indigenous populations to export back to the mother countries. Maybe I missed something when reading those classics as a kid.

The Degenerate Frog

If Beetle Bailey wants to influence the TCU administration, maybe she should look into deepening her pocketbook, as opposed to public shaming. On the other hand, after looking through her posts, it looks as though her intent is to use public shaming IOT influence the influencers (those with $$$)?

--------------
Crazy times we are in. My hope is that while searching for answers, people are introduced to Jesus Christ in a life-changing way. Here is part of my story.

I was raised in a Christian home, but I didn't truly understand the power of Christ until my own personal interactions while in combat. The Bible seemed like a long, boring book, until I dug deeper. Once you get it.... you get it.... and the spark that lights your fire... its going to be anything but standard!

1) I was in a near ambush in Afghanistan. I was the only person not wounded or killed. Random chance you say... or was it because I had the full "armor of God" with me on that day... as requested that morning, by name, by some family members.

2) Looking into this, I started reading about Psalm 91 sometimes called the Soldier's prayer, and praying the Psalm on a daily basis. Wouldn't you know... I got distracted, and started spending less time learning about the scripture, and more time watching the TV show Dexter. Wouldnt you know... I'm watching an episode where Dexter is driving to Nebraska... probably to slice someone up (dont remember the specifics), and Psalm 91 is playing over his car radio. That quickly got my attention, and refocused me.

3) Either before or after the Dexter "come to Jesus" encounter, I realize that I am doing a bad job of praying over meals while at the dining facility. So... I say a quick prayer, asking for a reminder to help with my forgetfulness. Like clockwork, I am at the dining facility, I forget to pray, and my Jewish friend walks up and jokingly asks if I "said Grace."

4) I can go on and on... but that is how it all started.

Oh, and by the way.... all Abrahamic languages go towards Jerusalem.... at least from their point of origin (Latin based, left to right (west to east) .... Arabic, Aramaic, Hebrew, right to left, etc). Chuck Missler taught me that.

God Bless!

Paint It Purple

The lesson here is don't put stupid [ Cumbie’s red zone playcalling ] on social media. The photo in the above tweet, while potentially done with 100% innocent intentions, is stupid.
Two posts below this one you express fear of the “thought police” on social media, and admonish/warn anyone posting on social media of the inherent danger. I know you see the conundrum of this position in a free society. Maybe I’m just fooling myself about the free society bit.

Eight

It is, literally, in sentence one of the tweet...it says “cast aside”
He didn’t make that up.

see doc, you are and dogfrog are being too narrow and literal in your interpretation of the words.

if you had a more expanded, more liberal understanding of the words something like the phrase cast aside will take on a completely new meaning if you simply don't let yourselves get shackled by the old definitions of the past, closed minded literal meanings

Horny4TCU

How funny would it be if someone started a petition to have Ms. betik kicked out of grad school.
It would be awesome if that happened. If someone were sooo inclined, get ahold of some of her papers and search for plagiarism. Someone like her probably doesn't have her own thoughts.

It would be awesome if that happened. If someone were sooo inclined, get ahold of some of her papers and search for plagiarism. Someone like her probably doesn't have her own thoughts.
Or how about just search for any minor thing she might have said or done 5, 7, even 10 years ago that could be interpreted as worthy of banishment by today’s army of angry Caitlyns

Ron Swanson

Or how about just search for any minor thing she might have said or done 5, 7, even 10 years ago that could be interpreted as worthy of banishment by today’s army of angry Caitlyns
The Joe Rogan podcast with Bill Maher talks a lot about the ridiculousness of this type of stuff. It’s a really great episode and I think it probably changed a lot of conservatives opinions on Maher. He comes off as extremely reasonable and probably not at all what many expected.

TxFrog1999

The Man Behind The Curtain
The Joe Rogan podcast with Bill Maher talks a lot about the ridiculousness of this type of stuff. It’s a really great episode and I think it probably changed a lot of conservatives opinions on Maher. He comes off as extremely reasonable and probably not at all what many expected.
I find that Maher often sounds reasonable when he's put on the spot without his research and audience.

EDIT: I second Ron's suggestion on that episode of Joe Rogan, it was a good interview.

Moose Stuff

I disagree with him politically but he has quite a few good takes on some general societal issues.

Horny4TCU

I disagree with him politically but he has quite a few good takes on some general societal issues.
Yeah, agree not a fan of his usual political stance, but I've heard him say some pretty reasonable things that no matter which way you lean makes sense. But even a chimp will type a masterpiece if they type long enough (or something like that).

Joking aside, and I apologize I can't remember where I heard it, but I heard a quote that, "Both sides want America to be great again. It's just a matter of how we get there. Where our problem lies is we forget that's the objective and we can't seem to have a civil conversation and talk about those differences anymore."

Dogfrog

see doc, you are and dogfrog are being too narrow and literal in your interpretation of the words.

if you had a more expanded, more liberal understanding of the words something like the phrase cast aside will take on a completely new meaning if you simply don't let yourselves get shackled by the old definitions of the past, closed minded literal meanings

My problem is I’m cynical. When someone says to reassess your values I think “sounds good” but then when they use the example of forgetting all the racist stuff you’ve read that’s when I put my hand on my wallet and look for an exit.