• The KillerFrogs

Is TCU a top 25 team?

finafrog

Apparently, according to a few voters in the coaches' and AP polls.

Not sure anyone here would agree after our three consecutive losses (wink, wink).

gdu

I don't think so, but it doesn't matter right now. We will know for sure by the end of the season whether we are or not.

Nick Danger

I suggest the statement "We're not now but if we start playing better we would be!" is an axiom that could apply to any number of teams!

CountryFrog

I don't know but I think there are several teams in the top 25 who wouldn't be any better than 3-2 with our schedule.

Who you've played this early in the season is just as much of a factor as how good you really are. We don't really know exactly how good many teams are this early including our own.

Alabama is probably pretty good though. Well above average.

Smitty

If we play like we did against tOSU, yes. If we play like we did the last two weeks though, we may literally be bottom 25. Not sure how the same team can produce two drastically different levels of play but they do.

FrogLifeYo

We have enough talent to bust some people up.. We need some confidence and rhythm...I still think we get to 7-8 wins..It’s going to be ugly the whole way. I’m certain that nobody left on our schedule is going to want to see out talent coming to town

asleep003

NO … but our D could be a top 25 unit. Pretty sure we lead the league in turnovers and that is the primary reason we are not. We should be very flattered that we are even in the conversation.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
NO … but our D could be a top 25 unit. Pretty sure we lead the league in turnovers and that is the primary reason we are not. We should be very flattered that we are even in the conversation.
Not could be. The defense IS top 25. Ranked 15 in yards per game and 19 in yards per play. And that’s with giving the opposing teams 8 or so extra possessions.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
And no Blacklock.
Indeed. If Iowa State’s QB doesnt scramble for 190 yards on 3rd and 25 the Cyclones barely get above 100 yards total on the day.

The defense is really good. They have been put in bad situations because of turnovers.

The offense has honestly been fine. 511 yards against OSU. Outgained UT with 4 turnovers. Iowa State poses a problem for our style of offense. Doesn’t mean the offense is bad. Remember - the frogs did not score a single point on offense last year with a fifth year senior QB and an experience offensive line.

Sky isn’t falling. With Robinson out odds are off the board until Collins shows us what he can do.

Too many of you on here let feelings get in the way of facts. Time to relax. Playoffs are off the table. There is no pressure at this point. I’m just going to enjoy the ride and watching Gaines grow into a monster.